M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Resident Rascal
13,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One morning 3 South Georgia good old boys and 3 Yankees were in a ticket line at the Albany train station heading to Athens for a big football game.

The 3 Northerners each bought a ticket and watched as the 3 Southerners bought just one ticket among them.

"How are the 3 of you going to travel on one ticket", asked one of the Yankees?

"Watch and learn", answered one of the boys from the South.

When the 6 travelers boarded the train, the 3 Yankees sat down, but the 3 Southerners crammed into a bathroom together and closed the door.

Shortly after the train departed, the conductor came around to collect tickets.

He knocked on the bathroom door and said, "tickets please". The door opened just a crack, and a single arm emerged with a ticket in hand. The conductor took it and moved on.

The Yankees saw this happen and agreed it was quite a clever idea. Indeed, so clever that they decided to do the same thing on the return trip and save some money.

That evening after the game, when they got to the Charlotte train station, they bought a single ticket for the return trip, while to their astonishment the 3 Southerners didn't even buy 1 ticket this time.

"How are you going to travel without a ticket", asked one of the perplexed Yankees?

"Watch and learn," answered one of the Southern boys.

When they boarded the train, the 3 Northerners crammed themselves into a bathroom, and the 3 Southerners crammed themselves into the other bathroom across from it.

Shortly after the train began to move, one of the Southerners left their bathroom and walked quietly over to the Yankee's bathroom. He knocked on the door and said, "ticket please".

There's just no way on God's green earth to explain how the Yankees won the war.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Good friend of mine from the State of Virginia I believe is still fighting the Civil War.
In fact he refuses to call it by that name and refers to it as "War of Northern Aggression."
I suppose where you were reared does have an influence on your thinking about certain things.

·
Forum Jester
8,444 Posts
he a democrat?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Illegal immigrants fought with the Yankees!
Actually that scene in Gangs of New York when the Irish were getting off the boat really happened a lot. First table you were given your citizenship oath, second table you joined the Army of the Potomac. Apart from that if an illegal wanted to fight to preserve the Union I'm sure they were not turned down.

Wish our current batch of illegals felt the same.

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
Love it!

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Good friend of mine from the State of Virginia I believe is still fighting the Civil War.
In fact he refuses to call it by that name and refers to it as "War of Northern Aggression."
I suppose where you were reared does have an influence on your thinking about certain things.
Don't know what else you could call it but the War of Northern Aggression...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Don't know what else you could call it but the War of Northern Aggression...
We call it the War of the Rebellion.

Video from one of my reenacting unit's shooting session getting ready for our next engagement with the CORN-fed-erats. Ever wondered what artillery sounded like at the target?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL1DkrYL70s[/ame]

Regards from "damn yankee" Badger

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Abraham Lincoln being obviously the Northern leader, President of the United States, could no way permit the break up of the Nation and of course Jefferson Davis and his folks wanted no part of it anymore due to a host of reasons. From time to time we still hear those of various locations in the Nation that mention breaking away and would imagine the outcome would be the same, defeat and huge amounts of wasted lives and treasure. Won't mention any names but there are some areas speak of leaving the Nation and for me would not go to war over it, but would help them pack and wish them luck. Fortunately at this time many are still fighting the war of whatever description, but it is a war of words, no fatalities. Let's hope it stays that way.

·
Registered
9,911 Posts
If you don't think the war still rages just drive up to a shipping dock away from home with that Mississippi tag on your pickup & see if they don't want to fight the war all over again!
There are still those of us who would stand that long Gray line again if need be...

"We feel that our cause is just and holy; we protest solemnly in the face of mankind that we desire peace at any sacrifice save that of honour and independence; we ask no conquest, no aggrandizement, no concession of any kind from the States with which we were lately confederated; all we ask is to be let alone; that those who never held power over us shall not now attempt our subjugation by arms." President Jefferson Davis - April 29, 1861

"Even though we were not successful in our endeavors, let no man say we were not worthy of success" Robert E. Lee, 1865

Reactions: High Hat
1 - 20 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.