M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't stop buying and building these things!!!
How come they're so addictive?
I've got a shorty LRB built with SEI and GI parts, and an all Winchester on a blank norinco receiver. I've got a complete HR kit and a complete TRW kit waiting for receivers...
and today i just bought another complete winchester kit GI3
How to I make it stop? My poor bank account... at least i have an understanding missus.
Here's the collection:

And my LRB with my doog:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
You have a sickness that can not be cured, dont try to fight it, just go with it and feed the addiction.FRG1

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Nice looking dog! What's his name?

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Fixed it for ya.
Rosie, she's a fox red lab.
I humbly beg Rosie's pardon.

And yes it is a sickness. I had one a few years ago, now I have two and two being built. Many stocks, mags and parts. Oh when will it end? Hopefully never!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome to the madness!

Like everyone says, welcome to the club! my "sickness" started with a single M1A standard, and ended up being an M1A std, an M1A scout, an all TRW/LRB M14, and 4 more USGI parts kits I'm building up to go on LRB recievers, the beauty of these rifles is you can build them in so many configurations, the possibilities are endless! great work so far, your rifles are awesome, and best of luck with your future builds!MCORPS1

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I don't see it as a problem. I am currently working on parts for my first build. A very slow process but it will eventually happen. The lady thinks there is a problem but I am in denial. And will never admit to this being a problem.GI2

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
The worst part is that you have to get sicker to get better. Finally you get to the part where you have to have a second income to feed the machine. It keeps going bang, bang, in your head until it completely enslaves you. At some point you end up with only your weapon and 5000 rounds of ammo (surplus or commercial) and maybe a range bench with your name on it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
At least your in Canada and can get those Norinco Forged M-14 receivers really cheap.. I wish you could send me about a dozen to feed my addition, but your dang nab beer will break the bank..you guys pay through the nose for beer.. Your dog and rifle looks sweet.. B2B

·
Registered
342 Posts
problems??????????

Right?!? Why should you be immune....DI5
-
problem, what problem, we don't see no stinking problem.
all stuff aside just roll with the flow. i now have 4 as in my signature below.
i have had as many as 6 at one time and over time i have had about 24(gosh i wish i had all of them now).
bhk308

·
Registered
476 Posts
Acceptance is the most important element of treating your affliction. This forum is kind of like having an intervention everytime you are here. Most here share your pain and understand the suffering, we'll all get through it together. DI2

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Actually...

I just own one.

But it's ok to own "Boo Koo" M14 rifles!!GI6

·
Registered
78 Posts
Problem what problem?

If you think you have a problem you can send all of the offending items and all the rest of your rifles to me for proper treatment of your addiction. As far as I can see it looks as though you have a nice collection started.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts

These are the small parts that come out of a trigger group and a connector... as most of us know.

However for the folks with YOUR affliction... okay okay OUR affliction, we also refer to them as M14/M1A seedsGI8 It's almost impossible to keep a spare parts kit around the house without them sprouting.GI8

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think y'all are looking at this wrong. It's not a problem or an addition, it's the CURE! Now I just have to define the actual problem for which this is the cure. GI1

Think of this as a stimulus for the economy, yeah that will do for starters. We're doing what we can to keep the U.S. arms industry afloat and the U.S. a country of riflemen and women still! Go SAI, LRB, 7.62, SEI, et al!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts