M14 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Successfully completed the "new gun" cleaning on my Scout Squad today. I wasn't sure how I'd fare with my new physical challenges- at the end of 2017 a drunk driver left me paraplegic, and my left thumb and pinky had to be amputated. But thanks to the information I've found here on M14Forum, I now know that field stripping my M1A doesn't appear to give me much more hassle than anyone else experiences.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that bolt removal/replacement was curiously easier than doing the same on my M(ini)1A- a Ruger Mini-14 Tactical 300 BLK. I plan on doing a test/function/break-in on the Scout Squad at the range this weekend, and I'm very much looking forward to that.

Anyway, just wanted to officially say "hello" and that I'll be absorbing as much of the invaluable wisdom being disseminated here on M14Forum as I can- it is both helpful and appreciated.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
17,530 Posts
Welcome in Sir!
When I first got my M1A my bolt removal/reinstall was a bear, so I sat down on the couch and just practiced it until I was proficient. There is a little sort of angle, swing, and twist to it. Good luck with it, just learn all you can and have fun.
m14brian

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Welcome from Texas

Reactions: Para Pete

·
Administrator
18,026 Posts
Welcome on board Pete, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome on board and have yourself a great weekend.

XXIV Corps

Reactions: Para Pete
1 - 12 of 12 Posts