M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got off work a little bit early today and decided I'd stop by the local sporting good store that I've yet to check out since moving here. Chatted with the guys behind the counter pleasantly for a little bit mention that I've been thinking about an 870. He then showed me what he has on consignment. Needless to say, I am now the proud owner of a 3' 12 gauge remington 870 wingmaster magnum. For $250.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Nice score

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
Good deal, now just get a few chokes and a spare 18/20" barrel and you'll have 1 shotgun that can "do it all".

·
Registered
94 Posts
Must be nice to go into a gun shop and leave with a firearm in the same day. One day I'll convince the wife and we'll leave this state. 10 years til retirement.

I don't know you but I know you deserved that shotgun. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Got off work a little bit early today and decided I'd stop by the local sporting good store that I've yet to check out since moving here. Chatted with the guys behind the counter pleasantly for a little bit mention that I've been thinking about an 870. He then showed me what he has on consignment. Needless to say, I am now the proud owner of a 3' 12 gauge remington 870 wingmaster magnum. For $250.
Nice, you got a deal. I have one too. changed the stock and forearm on mine.

MOLON LABEGI1

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice, you got a deal. I have one too. changed the stock and forearm on mine.

MOLON LABEGI1
Therein lies the rub. I wanted an 870 for a HD/SHTF platform; 18" barrel, magpul Furniture, light, side saddle, rifle style night sights, - the whole works. But now I don't know if I can do it to such a classic

·
Registered
248 Posts
Don't do it to the classic. Wait till you find a deal on a used express and justify the different purpose the guns serve to the wife :). And you did get an amazing deal on the fist one so that shouldn't even count as a purchase.

Nothing about my wife's expression indicates she's buying the logic but so far so good!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
That's a good deal on a classic. Can't go wrong with them.

I've killed a lot of birds, squirrels, and clays with mine - can't say enough about them.

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
If you want to build a tacticool , I'm with the other guys, buy an express or ex- police model. A Wingmasters like you lucked upon is just too sweet a gun to alter much. It'd be like putting sidepipes and 24" rims on a new Mercedes 600.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts