21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Keep them both.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
OOPS!!! I did it again! Just won another Winchester M1 that I didnt expect to.. It was a tossup between this one and the first one, but I was afraid if I bid on this one first, I would miss out on both, it happens sometimes, so I bid on the first one and got it.
This other one closed just now and I bid in the last 15 minutes, got high bid and won it. Good grief!
This one may be the better buy too, but I wont know till I see them both.
Oh well, deciding which one to keep might be interesting!
And I need a Winchester in the safe. Let me know if you will sell!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wont see it for a bit, just won today on GB. CMP rifle with case, paperwork etc. SA barrel gauges +1 on both ends. Suspect not too many Win parts but the receiver is and looks pretty good, stock will probably need stripping, wanted a shooter grade and something to dink around with and this should fit.
View attachment 467694

Inside the clip well I see a printed label with some what appears to be Danish on it with elevation numbers, so am wondering if it might be a Danish return, but dont see anything that would indicate that. Either way is OK by me.
I will of course have to wait upon receipt, the required 10 day jail period for this "assault rifle" before I can bring it home.
That makes 3 of the 4 makers, guess I will have to start looking for a Cornbinder now!
Good luck on the Cornbinder.

Now, you've got to find a Gap Letter, Arrowhead, Postage Stamp variations as well!

I hope you have plenty $$$.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Got my Winny back in the late 1980's with the DCM. Took her for a spin a couple months ago.
View attachment 468225
Pretty sweet getting a Win from DCM.
My 1990 DCM was an H&R with new SA barrel and mostly SA parts, had a really nice walnut stock that just needed finishing. Used it to shoot matches with and cleaned up at the local Garand match with it.
Still have it.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts