M14 Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
10,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Well I have them both out of jail and home to mess around with. They are of course CMP mixmasters which I expected. One has a Win bolt, other SA, both SA barrels with good bores. Both have SA op rods, one has a WRA TG housing, the other SAl
As I mentioned before I could see a yellow paper with some elevation numbers that looked to have foreign writing, looks Danish. Here is a pic of that. I still suspect that it must have spent some time overseas or at least the TG did, if not the whole rifle.
Here is a couple of pics.
Watch Hood Grille Bumper Wood

Hood Bumper Wood Automotive exterior Air gun

Font Motor vehicle Gas Temperature Bumper

Material property Metal Electric blue Nickel Fashion accessory

Wood Grey Material property Gadget Font

Wood Bumper Finger Automotive exterior Gadget

·
Registered
10,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
This stock is a non GI replacement, no stamp of any kind, nor P proofs.

BTW, the bottom of the pistol grip is not the heel. The heel is the top rear point of the butt stock.

You had me a bit confused.

Wood Font Gun barrel Trigger Gun accessory

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice, I love the Letterkenny rebuilds! I grew up a few miles from that depot.they we're always setting off old ammo.

·
Registered
10,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I shot one of them yesterday, it didnt care much for AE Garand or PPU Garand ball loads, but did much better with a handload. It didnt work with my SLED for some reason, had to push the round down a bit more before it would release the bolt. I have another coming to see if that helps, though it does work properly in the Letterkenny rifle which I will probably shoot next week.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts