M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys, just wondering if anyone here has had any revolvers re-blued by Smith & Wesson, and what their experiences with it was. I'm considering getting a model 586 4" later, and there are some reasonably priced ones out there with some holster wear, and was considering a re blue job afterwards, I was just hoping to get some opinions on the service/quality of the job they do, I would apprciate any input from you guys, thanks in advance, Jon S.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
One you reblue it, it is what it is. Confronted with a similar situation in the past with a Model 10, I had it parkerized. It came out way cool... Another nice finish is a bead blast and blue, kind of a satin finish.

Point being is once you reblue it in any way, you bought the farm so you might as well get the finish/look you want.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One you reblue it, it is what it is. Confronted with a similar situation in the past with a Model 10, I had it parkerized. It came out way cool... Another nice finish is a bead blast and blue, kind of a satin finish.

Point being is once you reblue it in any way, you bought the farm so you might as well get the finish/look you want.
Wow! I never thought of parkerizing, I guess I'm jaded because both my 686 and Model 19 I just got are both in 99%+ original cond. a park-job must look both awesome and unique on an early Smith! I'm even interested in the bead blast/satin blue jobs, could you recommend anyone who does these services?, I won't be getting the 586 for a month or so, but I wanna plan a head, this 586 will be a real shooter so like you said I may as well go with a finish I want! As always thanks for the great advice 7.62!

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Contact dighawaii.....Tom O will know an Island smith that can do it, I'll bet ya. If not we can find somebody for ya on the mainland.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
The parked finish is very servicable and I find it an attractive and durable finish. I've had a few WWII S&W Victory model .38 Spl's with their 'war finish' which is parkerizing. When they wear from use they just get a bit shiney and don't got to bare metal unless severely worn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts