M14 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to taking a few pictures of my latest addition. I'll have to work on my camera handling to get as good as Tom and Six but here goes........

By the way Tom, I didn't get as lucky as I'd hoped. It appears that the sellers son lives in Hawaii and used this rifle for CMP matches for a while. It has a small amount of rust under the rear sight base and on the heel of the receiver. It will need attention from Ron of Smith Enterprise to make it 100% again. Being one of 2500 Smith M14's out there It's still a keeper.

Description:
Smith Enterprise M14 N.M. double lugged receiver, Hart heavy 1/10 barrel, McMillan fiberglass stock.This rifle commissioned by Jim Hill when he was with Creedmoor Sports.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
MsgtMaze:

Anytime you can get one of a series of 2500 would be a KEEPER! Cool!

Couldn't see the pics though... Hawk/Six is there something I need to do on my end to make the pics appear? I get the white boxes with the small red "x" in them... instead of the pics...

Please let me know...

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's probably my Yahoo server? I still see them but who knows :? ? Maybe I'll have to send them to Hawk or Six. Can anyone else see them?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Tom,
Being in Hawaii, have you had any problems with corosion on your weapons ?

Check out the Pics in the PM I'm sending you.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
In Hawaii, corrosion is always a problem... normally, if a firearm is not oiled or greased, it will rust quickly... faster than in the dry air of the mainland. Here its the humidity and salt air that gets metal rusting.

Can't wait to see if after its reparked...

BTW: Those were nice pics of the receiver heel... good work!

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
MsgtMaze,
Sorry, but I can't see the pics either.

Regards

Ox

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oxmix said:
MsgtMaze,
Sorry, but I can't see the pics either.

Regards

Ox
Great!
I've got pics that only I can see :? Sorry guys. Well, I'll have to see about setting up a web page tomorrow? Wish me luck, lots of it :wink:

Greg

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Greg .....

Send me the pics in email to [email protected] and I will download them into the Whamo server which is always active and then I will post them for you here ....

Can't wait to see this baby ... :wink:

Six

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SixTGunr said:
Greg .....

Send me the pics in email to [email protected] and I will download them into the Whamo server which is always active and then I will post them for you here ....

Can't wait to see this baby ... :wink:

Six
It's done Six! :D

Thanks Greg

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Done here as well sir ....

Lookin' Good! :wink:

Six

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Six,

Now I can see them every time also. The frames look great.

Thanks again Greg

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
MsgtMaze'
Today I can see the pics. She's a beaut. The Military gray parkerizing is the same that I had applied to my Entreprise. If you don't like the looks of gray parkerizing you can always have Ron Smith do a black parkerize. He does a really nice black parkerize. I had him do a few things to my ArmsCorp including a black parkerize. You should ask him if he did all of his receivers in gray parkerizing.

Regards

Ox

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oxmix said:
MsgtMaze'
Today I can see the pics. She's a beaut. The Military gray parkerizing is the same that I had applied to my Entreprise. If you don't like the looks of gray parkerizing you can always have Ron Smith do a black parkerize. He does a really nice black parkerize. I had him do a few things to my ArmsCorp including a black parkerize. You should ask him if he did all of his receivers in gray parkerizing.

Regards

Ox
Thanks Oxmix,
Talked to Ron saturday morning for almost two hours. It's hard to actually get to talk with him sometimes, but when he starts you learn the entire history of the M14 rifle :) .

Not sure if he did all of his receivers that way. He mainly talked of the process he used and how much work went into making their receivers. Says once again he may tool up and make a few Forged M14 receivers. If he does I've already put my name on the top of his list 8) . Right now he's so busy with military contracts he hasn't the time.

I'll be sending this rifle to Ron to be re-barreled (don't like stainless bbls) and re-parked. The gray park shows some corrosion on the heel of the receiver and rear sight :? . The seller says it was in Hawaii for a few years and he didn't notice it when he got it back from his son. To tell the truth my eyes are so bad up close, I didn't notice it until I took pictures with my digital camera. I had my N. M. rebuilt by Ron last year and went with the black finish, looks fantastic. This one will probably get the same.
Greg

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dighawaii said:
MsgtMaze:

The pics came up awesome! I can see them... Cool! :lol:

Let us know how its coming along now...

Aloha,

Tom O.
Thanks to Six for that :!: :p

I'll post new ones when it returns from Smith Ent. Shipped it this morning.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts