M14 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Bid is at $2k and reserve hasn't been met. That's going to be one expensive rifle. But then again it's a one in a lifetime rifle. Whoever gets it, is going to be super happy.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I read the Crazy Horse story on the SEI site some years ago. Interesting. Don’t remember though if any of the parts, other than the receiver and barrels, were SEI manufacture. I seem to remember they reworked the gas system to make it “more reliable” and the trigger group adding heavier pins. IIRC, they enhanced the USGI FG stock as well. Was the op-rod redone as part of the rebuild?

I have a CH clone with their 18.25” barrel that SEI built on a nice polytech receiver. More accurate than I am, it’s one of my favorite rifles to shoot.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow. AFAIK there are ten (10) "Tempe, AZ" stamped receivers. I have SEI Tempe, AZ receiver #0005, currently in MK14 Mod 0 configuration in a Sage NSG chassis. It's one heavy beast.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I imagine they don’t want to sell it. They set a ridiculous reserve and repost it for fun. Like Scrooge McDuck swimming in his money. Also, it’s a good way to make sure you have enough insurance on your collection.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts