M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm considering the purchase of a registered full auto Smith Enterprises M14. It looks to be in good condition and comes with a birch E2 stock, M2 bipod and bayonet lug muzzle brake.. However, I feel like I should do some research before I make such a large ($13k) purchase. Were these rifles made by the same Smith Enterprises that's in business today? What is the reputation of these rifles, i.e. were they made close to spec? Lastly, do you feel like the rifle is a reasonable value for someone who wants to have a full auto?

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
8,816 Posts
Smith Enterprise FA

Yes, the rifle is from the same company that is still in business today.
These rifles were built on Smith bar stock receivers and they are excellent. All other parts should be GI.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
That is a heck of a deal...

Reactions: LoneStarWings

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
Just remember...it's been stated many, many times here...it's Impossible to shoot an M14 Full-Auto Accurately !!!

(of course none of those statements were made by someone who actually HAD ONE...Quite The Contrary......Hmmmmmm)

REPORT BACK!!!

GI2

CAVman in WYoming

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone know what barrel profile smith built these rifles with? Regular GI contour? Reason I ask is I'm considering getting another stock for it to better preserve the original one.

Here she is (pictures from the seller)

·
Retired
4,824 Posts
This looks like the rifle I saw at Knob Creek KY last April. Man, was I drooling over that rifle. The rifle I saw looked unfired. Not a mark on the bolt lug finish.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I hate you.....

Texas is really close to UT. Care for a visit?

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
I am Envious wow I say Go for It

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks fellas. I'll definitely need to get familiar with the machine gun shoots around here to give some others a chance to shoot it! To be honest I have no idea where I can even shoot the thing right now, aside from my own property in deep east texas.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
GET IT GET IT GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh the glory days that were pre 1986!!!!!!!!!! That is a bad rifle, SEI and SAI were making full autos back in the day. I believe that there are fewere SEI than SAI.

Its a buyers market right now for class III weapons, too bad I have to purchase a engagement ring!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.