M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's finally finished :p ! It's been a long two months, but I finally got it all together. For those of you who didn't see it before, I purchased this rifle (Double Lugged, Bolted and Bedded reciever) and discovered it was rusting from being in Hawaii for two years and not being taken care of :cry: . I sucked it up and sent it off to Ron Smith for him to do a restore; New Barrel and Re-park. Then not being satisfied with the brown finished Ron applied 14 years ago I sent the stock (a McMillan) to McMillan for a re-do.........Dark Camo in their catalog. Well here is the final product 8) . Yes! I know I've spent almost twice what it would have cost me to buy a Super Match :( . But this is after all a Pre-ban Smith M-14 and it's mine :wink: .

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha MsgtMaze!

Very Well Done, Sir! That is a Super Gorgeous Super Match!!! Wow! 8O

It looks like every penny was well spent! Many people (me included) might give up precious parts of our anatomy to own one like that!

Good job! Have you taken her to the range yet? Give us a range report and let us know how she does on the range...

Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tom,

I did give up parts of my anatomy :lol: . But I'd do it again. Can't get to the range this week. It's raining for the next 4 days here. I started a new job two weeks ago at the local gun shop and it's taking up more time than I thought it would, but I love working there (if you can call it work - talking guns all day). Maybe week after next when I'm off :? ?

Now I need to get a "Les Tam" sling. My Turner slings are too light in color.

Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.