M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's almost finished so I thought I'd share a few pictures with you guys. I had to borrow a stock and Hawk Dummy Kit from my Springfield for these pics as she will be in a synthetic G.I. stock and Dummy kit when finished.

It's already Christmas for me :wink: .
Greg

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha MsgtMaze,

Those pics are a tribute to Smith Ent.! The rifle is outstanding!!! Looks like it is "brand spankin new"!!! The HK style front sight is magnificent!

I love the whole setup!!! AWESOME!!!

Before, I forget, the pics came out really well! Congrats on the rifle!!!

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dighawaii said:
BTW: Greg, do you think that Smith Ent. will offer a front sight assembly that will attach to the existing dove tail? That might be pretty interesting as well.

Aloha,

Tom O.
Thanks guys. It's been a long wait.

Tom,
I don't think he will but you might check? He makes these for the Navy and other branches of service. In fact he says this was the first sold to a civilian........ :wink: It took a while for him to snag one from the batch for my little project gun to be completed. He also had to make a special Muzzle Brake for it.

No problem Steve.

I just talked with a friend who was in Ron Smith's shop last week and he says there are at least 20 - 30 rifles that he could see being built. I know Smith Enterprise is doing a lot of work for the Military so I can see a day when he will need to expand or put us on hold. To be honest when Ron told me he might make a batch of receivers next year. It was based on how busy they weren't. Just from the two forums he looks real busy to me 8O .

Greg

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When and if it stops raining here Glock Armorer and I are headed to Sac Valley on Monday morning............... we hope :? Range report to follow :wink:

Blain

How does that new front sight compare to regular GI?
I would imagine for long range work out past 400 yards you would want to stick with the G.I. From what I've heard the military loves them.

Greg

·
Registered
545 Posts
MSgt

WOW , I like the looks of that.............just when I thought I had enough rifles 8O ............After the other projects come together I have got to get an LRB.

Beautiful rifle , pretty back drop too.

Cheer's

RRVI

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Outstanding piece of work!
Does he list that front sight on the website?
Thanks for the pix.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.