M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this down in the rimfire section, then thought I'd drop it up here so the experts could assist.

My favoritist belt gun in the field. Champeen bunny and rattlesnake gitter.

It's old, has a bunch of screws and no model designation.(I know it's a K22, but maybe pre "15"???) Well worn grips numbered to the gun.
Ser# K 13541x. Still a FINE shooter, ***** can't climb a tree high enough for it not to knock em right out.

Maybe someone has a clue to a born on date?

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
I posted this down in the rimfire section, then thought I'd drop it up here so the experts could assist.

My favoritist belt gun in the field. Champeen bunny and rattlesnake gitter.

It's old, has a bunch of screws and no model designation.(I know it's a K22, but maybe pre "15"???) Well worn grips numbered to the gun.
Ser# K 13541x. Still a FINE shooter, ***** can't climb a tree high enough for it not to knock em right out.

Maybe someone has a clue to a born on date?
[/QUOTE

The revolver was made in 1951, and known as a Pre-17 K22 Masterpiece.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 45-70, somehow I knew you would have the info.

BTW, that isn't camera flash, it's wore plum silver on the barrel sides and cyl flats from the holsters over the years. Amazingly the cyl and barrel are crisp and the action is tight. Mrs 7.62s grandpappy and dad toted this thing around for years and 7 years ago it got to be my turn.

I had a J frame 22, 4", and this K walks all over it.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Thanks 45-70, somehow I knew you would have the info.

BTW, that isn't camera flash, it's wore plum silver on the barrel sides and cyl flats from the holsters over the years. Amazingly the cyl and barrel are crisp and the action is tight. Mrs 7.62s grandpappy and dad toted this thing around for years and 7 years ago it got to be my turn.

I had a J frame 22, 4", and this K walks all over it.
Glad to help! I like those K frame S&W's and have quite a weak spot for those K 22's. Your revolver shows a lot of character and is exactly the type I favor, even over the well preserved barely used type. These S&W's are really well made work horse guns and stand the test of time if taken care of. GI6

1 - 4 of 4 Posts