M14 Forum banner

Small gun show find today 01/02/2021

1423 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  nf1e
Went to an 80 table gun show today in Holton Kansas. Picked up two BWS USGI Magazines in a GI pouch for $40. Also Picked up two TRW bolts, one brand new - stripped, other used with bolt guts - $90 each. He had used trigger groups for $175 and used oprods for $200. There was one M1a for $1995. Some one else had some more USGI mags but for $35 they were iffy and some were unmarked.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
750 Posts
I'm surprised there were many M14 parts there. I haven't gone to it in several years, when it was in the old 4H building in town. If the weather weren't lousy this, I would have been in Holton for the weekend.

What's the business name that had the trigger groups and other items?

· Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did not get a name. Same guy shows up at a lot of regional shows in Kansas. The guys with the iffy mags are from the “Trading post” and are slightly slimy to deal with. They also show up like a bad penny all over Kansas.

· Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes there were primers. Prices were high. All ammo and components were really high. Old oddball packaged from 50,s / 60,s ammo selling about 3,4,5 times more than three months ago. Norinco 9mm crate sold for $1250. That was first three minutes of the show. First time I have seen 9mm sell for more than a buck around. I bought the same ammo crate for $200 or $250 two maybe three years ago... I like buying crated ammo.
Not my first ammo run that I have seen in my life. But the panic buying is new before Biden gets in. I got a table for next week RK show just so I can get in on Friday early for setup. Opens to public on Saturday @ 8:00 AM. Actually Splitting table with a buddy. I don’t ever seem to sell anything. I bought 500 .45 auto rimmed just before this ammo run to shoot in my 1917’s smiths and colts and I paid like 65 cents a round for that...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.