M14 Forum banner

Small Arms Storage Racks

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  fubar 
#1 ·
I recently posted an entire web page on Small Arms Storage Racks used within the military through the 1960's. Enjoy!

#5 ·
rpf2697 said:
Bill,
I have the M3A1 rack and thanks to you, I now know that as well as when it was made. I bought it in Oregon ten years ago for $50.oo and now its full of M1's and .45's.
Dang it, now I want to get one of these racks and I'm going to have to go broke buying the rifles and pistols to fill it. :wink: :lol:

Thanks for sharing, Bill. Sounds like you were in the 82d about the same time that Trung Si was.

#6 ·
Question about availability. Back in the 1970's the Garand/M14 type were around but the problem has always been shipping them. They averaged about $50.00 but could cost well beyond that shipping by motor freight. The carbine was about $100.00 as they were scarcer. I have yet to see a BAR rack in civilian hands.

In the mid 1980's I purchased three of the M1920 80 pistol racks at a DRMO spot bid. Cut one down and produced four 20 pistol racks, gave one away to a friend, and finally sold one at the Syracuse NY show. None of these things are easy to transport and I swore never to purchase another one unless it was for my own use. But that was before the days of the internet. Today the only problem still is shipping.

I doubt any of the floor mounted racks are around in the system. I am sure the military museums will have first grabs if any show up. The wall mounted racks for the M16 have been released many times in the past.

#7 ·
Bill, do you remember who it was over on CSP that was selling blue prints to make one up from scratch. Doesn't seem like it would be very hard to make one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.