M14 Forum banner

Sling for EBR

7068 Views 14 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Jackalope1911
Can anyone recommend a good sling for the EBR sling slots? I have a TIS quick cuff sling, but it's width is considerably wider than the slots on the sage stock. Do most of you just get s narrower sling, or just force a normal one through?
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
371 Posts
I have the Eagle Industries EBR sling, it's a sort of three point. It has small straps for the sling loops, and quick detach clips that the sling itself uses.

· Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually now that I think about it, getting an adapter for my TIS sling would work well and be a lot cheaper than a new sling. Does anyone know who makes one? Thanks.

· Registered
2,764 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
I'm going to raise this question again since what I want to know hasn't been covered. Don't give a hoot about the Mk14 or M39, SOPMOD or what slings are good or what is recommended. What sling is the Rock Island crew putting in the box with the M14 EBR-RI weapon systems? We know Bondhus makes the multi-tool, CMI makes the magazines and Sage makes the stock, scope base and fore grip so what sling is in the package? I simply must know.

· Registered
107 Posts
Thank you. The VTAC sling does look like a great choice and I may actually use it but I'm still curious as to what sling goes in the box at Rock Island.

Not thinking that "if the Army buys it, it must be good", I use a Giles 3 point on my M4 and wouldn't use anything else. I'd just like to hear what's in the box. I think its odd that we know the brand names of everything else in the box, Otis cleaning kit, Leupold scope and rings, Harris, KAC.

· Registered
3 Posts
Just going to weigh in my two cents real quick: I've used my Specter Gear three-point sling on my service rifle and my personal rifle for over five years. It has a emergency quick release, and it can also transition from right to left hand, for MOUT. Its 2" webbing is comfortable all day. I even used it when I was a SAW gunner, although I still added more padding.

· Registered
245 Posts
second thought. the vtac is a great choice BUT. i found out that for my body type. 5.10 height and 135 weight its just not a good fit. the end that tightens up and losens up the sling is just too long after you tighten it up and will get caught on stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.