M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm best known for my M14 rifles, but I do own a few other types and this rifle is one of my better offbeat projects. It started out as a Remington 40XC, but I didn't much like the International Army style McMillan stock the factory equipped it with. A couple of months ago I ran across one of these Kinetic Resource Group stocks an a gun magazine and thought it would be the perfect fix. I think it hit the nail right on the head. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
I like it! Way more interesting that a normal XC. Very cool.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Sure it is a fine shooting rifle, but I never cared for those "transformer" style butt stocks even though it is certainly functional.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I like it!!! I just recently purchased one that looks like a smaller brother, lol. The Black Collar Pork Sword. It's a pistol configuration, but to be honest, these minimalist and more "tactical" type stocks are the way of the future for bolt actions, IMHO, with more aluminum and stuff being used. They are just lighter, stiffer and typically produce nice groups because of the tolerances that can be built into these futuristic looking stocks.

Heres a pork sword, not mine, mines about a week out, but just for comparison and ideas. Looks almost like a JR to yours!!
I'll post when mine gets put together. 20190312104511-01-01_1583203218715.jpg

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gee boomerpusher… you really on line that early in the morning?
Not to worry - it fits!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
That stock was chosen by Rock River Arms for their first precision bolt-action rifle, as seen on the cover of the January 2020, Guns and Ammo magazine:

...one day when I get done with my M1A builds, I have a spare M700 receiver and bolt that I would like to build into a precision 6.5 CM rifle with Proof Research barrel.
I have not decided on the stock, but the one in this thread is a possibility. Its seems to have a lot of ergonomic features and looks nice too...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts