M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with it??
My friend put one on his Colt 6920 and loves it
Just Curious thats all

·
Registered
403 Posts
Got one last week. Works as advertised. Son who likes to shoot all my ammo, can now shoot it much faster.GI3 Can only allow him 1 mag. Worth it for the big smile on his face.DI2

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried my friends at the Range I went Through 340+ rounds of 5.56 Malaysian I had Stashed. It was a very expensive day, Fun But Expensive
I like it and Want One just as said Expensive

·
Registered
585 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
http://www.slidefiresolutions.com/Product-SSAR-15.html

There's the link for it. Effectively it's a legal (for now at least) means to enable a 15 to go "auto". There's a bunch of videos on Youtube. Same concept as bump-firing.

I'm sure it's fun but I prefer savoring my ammo GI1
I agree. Looks fun, but ammo is too expensive to blaze away like that (at least for me). Plus, I've been shooting M4's and M16's long enough to know that a burst over 3 rds is a waste of ammo on targets beyond 25m. But, again, it DOES look like a lot of fun!

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
I'm sorry I just consider it an overpriced gimmick.....not that it does not work as advertised...I just see little real use for it.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Greetings,

Thanks for the link.................OK, so the rear stock is not captive to the receiver, allowing it to move forward and back; got it. Not for me, but I see how it could be fun. Stock up plenty of ammo!

Regards, Jim

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I put one on a SBR and my kids love it.
Me, I'll stick to my AC556.
It does work very well though....
You have a AC556. You know I really don't like you. Just Kidding more like Jealous. Remember I from Illinois the Last man Standing State

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
7,424 Posts
If you want one of I would buy it quick, I cant imagine it will be legal for long, the BATF will find some reason to pull it.
I realize you still have to pull the trigger for each shot but full auto fire by any other name is still full auto fire.

Casey

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
If you want one of I would buy it quick, I cant imagine it will be legal for long, the BATF will find some reason to pull it.
I realize you still have to pull the trigger for each shot but full auto fire by any other name is still full auto fire.

Casey

I can't/won't say the BATFE is Not Capable of Changing It's Mind...
But It Did Issue A Letter Approving It...

I also think it's kind of over-priced for what it is...
And, the way it must be shot makes it essentially a 'Spray and Pray' effect, not really akin to an Experienced Shooter firing either an M16 or M14 on Full-Auto AND still being reasonably accurate...

On the other hand, if someone were to GIVE Me One...

GI2

CAVman in WYoming

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.