M14 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm on a few other firearm forum's and it seems that they all went to the same format as this site. I don't mind it to much. I'm here to learn from you gentleman. I'm still running thru all the previous back page's trying to retain some of the thing's that I think are important about this rifle. I'm enjoying it very much!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
As brassmagnet knows, this is not the first gun forum that we have seen undergo this change. Our 1919a4 forum got the "upgrade" a few months back. Same corporate ownership, of course. No, I don't like it, but lately I have not had much time for the forums anyway. I just put this down to another example of "progress" being not particularly an improvement. But as long as seagiant is still posting as he does, there is at least some incentive to stick around!

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Mucho bummers.

I don't like the interface, but I'm still coming here for the content from the members, but if the members go... I don't know. Shall see.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Huh, wha?

Seagiant said he was leaving?
I didn’t get the impression he was leaving either. Actually the opposite. I saw he signed up for the M14BR group the same time I did, but I don’t think that implies abandonment.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The new format doesn't thrill me either. But, I'm not here for the format, I'm here because of the shared love...…
….of the hot babes with guns that seagiant keeps posting.
Huh, wha?

Seagiant said he was leaving?
If he leaves, I hope he leaves us links to all the chicks he's been posting. :p

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
ads will not be distracting if you focus on the real content.

Ever been on a firing line and watched a fly repeatedly light on a shooter's forehead? Walk around a bit, only to be shaken off by the concussion of the M1A firing a round when the shooter has everything lined up? Watch the fly buzz around, come back, light on his forehead and crawl around again - till the next shot again stuns the fly off his forehead? A few rounds before the stage was complete the fly had gotten so concussed it trailed off into the grass in front of the shooter.

When I asked him about the fly that lit on his forehead and crawled around 5 or 6 times he looked at me like I was crazy. He had no idea a fly was buzzing around his face or even lit on his face and walked around between shots. Focus.

Focus and the ads won't be an issue. I come here for the content, the knowledge/experience and I pick out the threads that seem to interest me and read. I couldn't tell you about the ads on the pages - once I start reading.

The M&P and XD forums are pretty much the same way and have been for some time. The XD forum does have several scantily dressed female threads that have thousands of pages of pictures, so it doesn't really look like the forum owners care one way or another whether the forum members are there for the gun knowledge/experience or the bikini/lingerie covered (some barely) pictures of women.

I visit here several times a day. I hit the XD forum, maybe, once a day. Some days I skip it entirely. I guess it depends on why you belong/visit a gun forum. For the guns? Or other reasons? And ads are not the reason I visit.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I hate the new look, but I’m not going to publicly fall on my sword and make some melodramatic announcement regarding my departure. I don’t plan to leave at the moment, but should I decide to do so, I will just do it quietly, log out and never come back.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
+1. Anyone know how to delete albums/pictures? Spent a lot of time trying not including time I had to "uncheck" all the notification radio buttons after seeing another members post - and no sheckles looking through "faqs" and searching for what used to be a snap. More I don't know if user info here is being shared with entities I intensely despise and have uniformly shunned. I really hope not. Finally sent the inquiry to ADMIN. now pending response. Things are changing a bit too fast for this Irishman.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I like the new interface and would rather give it a chance to grow on me than complain, Their site their rules.
I think you may be confusing "complain" with genuinely justified concern. A lot of questions here and privacy within an ip addressable internet format (read site) and all that goes with it is but one of them. And it sure is their site.

·
Read Only
116 Posts
Haven't been here as long as some but here's my 2 cents.
I turn to a site like this for technical information and have always been a little distressed by questions like What's in your gun safe? What did you buy this weekend? How much ammo do you have stored? What kind of car do you drive? No one knows what "guests" are out there reading posts but some information really should be kept private.

Grumbled about the treatment us Nam vets got on returning to the world and got my wrist slapped for using a bad word, yet I've read some posts I'd consider more offensive that seem to be OK-- and stay up.
Discussions and posts should relate to a given question or topic yet some disintegrate rapidly into seeing who can P higher on the chair leg. If you don't feel like being constructive, don't post.

Questions from new members are sometimes dismissed with comments like "I had to read and learn it so you should too"...
Just getting someone pointed in the right direction is all that's required. It's hard to look up Pneumonia in the dictionary if you don't know it starts with a "P". The only stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked.
C'mon guys, no one was born with a combination tool in their hands. ALL of us were new members once upon a time.

Pretty girls; love 'em but as each is hand-fitted, I don't need 'technical advice' on them.

As for site changes? "New & Improved" usually isn't either. Likewise, pretty colors and slick glossy pages do not an improvement make.

Jones

21 - 40 of 42 Posts