M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Read Only
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goodbye, Friends. The last 16 years here have been great, but this place has been ruined for me. I absolutely hate the new interface and it is obvious the owners have no love for the subject matter. The "social networking feel" of the place is repulsive to me and the constant barrage of advertising is absolutely horrendous.

It was fun while it lasted, but this place is nerve-wracking now.

I'll see you on Hawk's M14 Battle Rifle Forum. Sustinemus, OUT!

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Hello, Come on now...
You're going to leave, now?.
Don't you want to wait and know, where too get the latest and greatest "high cut bikinis" for the 2020 "CorVid" beach/scene parties... or maybe some insurance?.
Plus. The image of a bikini on you old guys, wouldn't/isn't be a pleasant sight.... I think, they have their target market base, a little off...
Oh, and seagiant has them beat on the skin pics....by far....and the correct attire "accents" , firearms...

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
:sleep:
Oh no, the world is coming to an end. Not to be rude but who cares, the forum will continue without your presence. I've been around long enough to know the controversy that caused the creation of the other M14 forum and find it interesting that people are claiming some kind of moral superiority for doing so now.

I was banned from this forum for the kind of elitism that these guys that are jumping ship seem to represent and that taught me that forums aren't some private club of morally superior people, they are for profit businesses that are run by people who make decisions based on their perception of how to improve profitability. Nobody is going to loose any sleep over a handful of people that can't adapt to changes.

·
Forum Jester
6,915 Posts
at least they could give us the same color green back round we had before

·
Resident Rascal
13,357 Posts
Guys, I say give the new layout a chance. I have already found a few things I like better now. As for the ads the owner of the forum has to pay expenses. Would you rather pay $5 bucks a month for no ads or tolerate the ads?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hello, Come on now...
You're going to leave, now?.
Don't you want to wait and know, where too get the latest and greatest "high cut bikinis" for the 2020 "CorVid" beach/scene parties... or maybe some insurance?.
Plus. The image of a bikini on you old guys, wouldn't/isn't be a pleasant sight.... I think, they have their target market base, a little off...
Oh, and seagiant has them beat on the skin pics....by far....and the correct attire "accents" , firearms...
Seagiant (plus several other familiar names) is on that other forum. It looks like a lot of quality contributors are going to where they feel comfortable.

·
Forum Jester
6,915 Posts
he just needs a good enema and a 10 mile hike,with full field pack(mash 4077)

Reactions: MRusan

·
Forum Jester
6,915 Posts
Guys, I say give the new layout a chance. I have already found a few things I like better now. As for the ads the owner of the forum has to pay expenses. Would you rather pay $5 bucks a month for no ads or tolerate the ads?
i'm waiting for the crown royal and miller high life adds

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I feel Sustinemus pain,1st impression for us old guys totally sucks! I have been here a long time myself and have slowed down a lot in the last few years but with that said I will continue to pop in and out! Still plenty of good info and good people around!

·
Registered
621 Posts
I don't care for the new format, either; I'm on another forum (non-gun) that uses this format and have nothing but problems with the interface. It is difficult to multi-quote, edit content in quotes, skip text and other similar things. The admins there tell me it's my computer, but I have none of those issues with any other forum I visit and am a member of. We'll see how well it works here.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
This is the second - no third forum I've sat through changes like these. It is the sign of the times. Not good for us older gents that resist change and find it difficult to maneuver all the functions, but I get it. Don't like it, but I get it. I'll hang around too and watch the activity here. Let's face it, most the info and knowledge came from the older guys here, so why not hang around for a bit. It's getting easier for me......not as much fun or as fluid as it used to be, but I'll survive.

·
Premium Member
15,230 Posts
Just think, 30 years ago, there were no forums such as these.

What did old-timers do then?
Was a real pain back then. We had telephone modems at 110 baud and bulletin board systems that relied on fax. Could take days to get a response in some cases. Retrieving mail from a BBS was something else. Noisy phone lines made it even more interesting. Vic 20s and Commodore 64s ruled the waves. Yep , there done been some serious changes since then.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Just think, 30 years ago, there were no forums such as these.

What did old-timers do then?
We sat around a fire in the back yard, drinking beer and telling "war stories". The fire could be anything from a bonfire suitable for decimating a cord of wood, down to a 50 gallon drum burning trash.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Hi,
LOL!

In the old days all you had was gun magazines and if you had say a reload question, (trying to learn from a book and no Mentor)...

You write the magazine reloading Guru a letter (snail mail) and if your letter or question was picked you got an answer in the magazine about 6 months later!!!

Sooooo.......You might even say we are a little spoiled here and else where, getting great info and real world experiece, within minutes of asking!!!

Just sayin, I can handle it.:cool:
88357335_2600017600323505_1142616679767867392_n.jpg

1 - 20 of 42 Posts