M14 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 177 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It is my opinion that the suppressor be faithful to the original. I want to experience what it was like to fire a suppressed XM21 as used by snipers of the Vietnam era.

So I vote just like the original.

RenGI2

·
Super Moderator
3,660 Posts
It is my opinion that the suppressor be faithful to the original. I want to experience what it was like to fire a suppressed XM21 as used by snipers of the Vietnam era.

So I vote just like the original.

RenGI2

^^^^^^^^ This for sure!

M1Army

·
Registered
143 Posts
Might want a supply of the internals that are needed for rebuilding to keep these in working order. I would not be adverse to
Hearing about possible internal improvements.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Something I felt like I should mention. I was discussing the whole idea of replicas versus the originals with a buddy of mine that collects old and rare firearms of all types. He mentioned that if we don't mark them as replicas in some form or fashion they could potentially hurt the market for the originals. I would love having an original style replica but as a collector I would not want to hurt the original market in anyway. Just a thought I felt I should throw out there.

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Something I felt like I should mention. I was discussing the whole idea of replicas versus the originals with a buddy of mine that collects old and rare firearms of all types. He mentioned that if we don't mark them as replicas in some form or fashion they could potentially hurt the market for the originals. I would love having an original style replica but as a collector I would not want to hurt the original market in anyway. Just a thought I felt I should throw out there.
Yes sir I fully agree, these will be marked as to tell the difference. Maybe M14SS-2, I should think that will work out nicely. The originals were stamped M14SS-1.

The serial number will also be a dead give away, it is a reproduction. These are a ATF controlled item.

Ren

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Guys I will push for these to be as close to the original as possible, to include the aluminum tubing and rubber wipes. I have been looking for other posts talking about these very rare suppressors and can find no one on the net that has one. I believe these accurate copies will be a big deal to collectors who cannot find the original article.

My advice is get your name on the list if you have a real desire to own something so rare, even if it is a clone it will be an accurate one.

No one has these and I don't think they will build that many.

Current list.

1. hytekrednek
2. Majikani
3. Piltdownhoax
4. Random Guy
5. Forceman
6. M1Army
7. Mabritt
8. HarryB
9. Gehlsurf
10.Case42so
11.Crazynoto
12.Wags
13.ecader10
14.RENCORP
15.REN(XM25REN)

XM25RENGI2

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
e
Guys I will push for these to be as close to the original as possible, to include the aluminum tubing and rubber wipes. I have been looking for other posts talking about these very rare suppressors and can find no one on the net that has one. I believe these accurate copies will be a big deal to collectors who cannot find the original article.

My advice is get your name on the list if you have a real desire to own something so rare, even if it is a clone it will be an accurate one.

No one has these and I don't think they will build that many.

Current list.

1. hytekrednek
2. Majikani
3. Piltdownhoax
4. Random Guy
5. Forceman
6. M1Army
7. Mabritt
8. HarryB
9. Gehlsurf
10.Case42so
11.Crazynoto
12.Wags
13.ecader10
14.RENCORP
15.REN(XM25REN)

XM25RENGI2
Friendly bump for those who maybe interested and hadn't seen the thread.

XM25REN GI2

Heads up, ATF cashed the check so now it is a waiting game.

XM25REN

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
1. hytekrednek
2. Majikani
3. Piltdownhoax
4. Random Guy
5. Forceman
6. M1Army
7. Mabritt
8. HarryB
9. Gehlsurf
10.Case42so
11.Crazynoto
12.Wags
13.ecader10
14.RENCORP
15.REN(XM25REN)

e

Friendly bump for those who maybe interested and hadn't seen the thread.

XM25REN GI2

Heads up, ATF cashed the check so now it is a waiting game.

XM25REN
Bump!

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Up Dated

1. hytekrednek
2. Majikani
3. Piltdownhoax
4. Random Guy
5. Forceman
6. M1Army
7. Mabritt
8. HarryB
9. Gehlsurf
10.Case42so
11.Crazynoto
12.Wags
13.ecader10
14.RENCORP
15.REN(XM25REN)
16.FerranteLJ1

RENGI2

·
Forum Jester
7,563 Posts
it didn't have wipes.i have the m16 1 complete,3 registered tubes serial 16/17/18/19.
i think mac. they are packed away. baffles are aluminum like the mac 10 baffles. tube should be steel to handle the pressure and full auto fire. make sure you find a real good penetration solution/marvel mystery oil etc,and soak the end in it for a week or so before trying to take it apart.if your going to try to clamp it,find something that clamps round things. find out where the bbl screws in and clamp it there. find an old bbl to screw in it before you do. don't want to collapse the thread area

wipes are neoprene 90 durometer minimum

Reactions: XM25Ren

·
Forum Jester
7,563 Posts
are you making functional cans or dummies?

·
Forum Jester
7,563 Posts
exploded view if you look carefully,you will see how far each end is threaded to tighten up the baffle system. make the tapered baffles out of iconel,will stand up better.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
it didn't have wipes.i have the m16 1 complete,3 registered tubes serial 16/17/18/19.
i think mac. they are packed away. baffles are aluminum like the mac 10 baffles. tube should be steel to handle the pressure and full auto fire. make sure you find a real good penetration solution/marvel mystery oil etc,and soak the end in it for a week or so before trying to take it apart.if your going to try to clamp it,find something that clamps round things. find out where the bbl screws in and clamp it there. find an old bbl to screw in it before you do. don't want to collapse the thread area

wipes are neoprene 90 durometer minimum
Polack,

Thank you for such sound advice, it is appreciated. If the gentleman planning to reverse engineer it thinks it could be damaged, he will stop and send it back to me. These are too rare and valuable to take the chance it could be destroyed.

Again thanks for your valuable input! And yes I will bring beer.

Ren
GI2

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
are you making functional cans or dummies?
Functional cans, an ATF item. I have been asked and it is under consideration, to make for display purposes a cut away. A lot of possibilties, we shall see!

Ren

·
Forum Jester
7,563 Posts
all you have to do is measure the outside diameter with a micrometer and the outside diameter of the front plug.that should give you size to look up online. use stainless tube.
if you can get a thicker tube size,take it. then you can figure out what fine thread size.
look inside the rear of the can and check out what the threaded inside piece looks like. you can make your drawings

·
Forum Jester
7,563 Posts
21 - 40 of 177 Posts