M14 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
I want one to use frequently. It seems like the best design out there for the m14. If better materials result in a longer usable life, then yes, I would prefer that. I will settle for whatever I can get as long as it last a good while in use.
Anyone know the lifespan of the originals?

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
I would prefer titanium for the tube. I'm still undecided on the type aluminum I would vote for. If dropped, for example, which type aluminum would take the impact best? Is one type more prone to cracking than the other? Lots of questions... I probably should just listen to the professional that is making them

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Ren, is there any info or stats, or even just opinions, on how these perform? Just curious. I dont recall reading anything on how the originals performed either, other than they did the job that was asked of them.

I will have my funds in the mail tomorrow for my very own Sionics M14SS-1

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
This is from the above article "The early production models used the patented valve system, but these suffered failures owing to the valve acting as a heat sink and melting the valve’s spring. The valve couldn’t withstand the high gas pressures and WerBell eventually designed a simpler relief port. "

Ren, will these have the early relief valve or the later relief port?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts