M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SIONICS M14SS-1 SUPPRESSOR

These are the suppressors made solely for the M14 and used in Vietnam. They were coupled with the XM21 sniper rifle and used to great affect.

This is for those of you who collect and build M14 clones, who value the accuracy of building these M14 rifles to as close to the originals as possible and are only limited by the commercial receivers in doing so.

I recently was very fortune in acquiring an original Sionics M14SS-1, these truly are the unicorn XM21 part, so few are these that I personally only know of five examples, one of which is owned by Terry(forceman), and three others in private collections.

Nearly all these suppressors were sold to U.S.Army, Fort Benning, Georgia, the U.S.Army Rock Island Arsenal, and the U.S.Navy San Diego, California. A small number of these suppressors went to the FBI and Aberdeen Proving Center, Maryland.

My first thought was to find someone who could determine if this suppressor could be safely used without damaging the unit. I reached out to a Mr. Tom Bowen who has had experience repairing Mac 10 and 11 suppressors. He told me that I was better off not using it as it is such a rare collectors item and declined to work on it. Not being one to give up easily I reached out to a personal friend of mine on this forum and put the question to him, if he knew of anyone capable of working on my Sionics suppressor, he said yes. He gave me the mans name and phone number, but before I could make the call, he send me a message saying that the guy was interested in reverse engineering it.

After speaking with Scott I sent him a few diagrams detailing the workings of the Mac suppressor, giving him an idea of what the project would entail. I will be sending him my suppressor for evaluation and reverse engineering once I receive permission from the ATF. He was almost as excited about this project as I was, now I won’t be using a rare piece of history but a clone of the original.

At this point I do not know the specifics, how much$ or how many will be made. What I would like to do, is get a good idea as to how many would be interested in one of these remake clones of this very rare suppressor.

No one who shows interest will be obligated, but from this list will come first right of refusal. I doubt if many of these will be built so having your name here, you will have your place in line so to speak.

I know this is not for everyone as there are many suppressor options available today, but for those folks who value historically accurate M14 builds this is a must have.

If you are interested in obtaining one all you need do is respond with a post saying so and I will stay up to date with the list of names.

These are the folks who have already stated they would be interested.

1. hytekrednek
2. Majikani
3. Piltdownhoax
4. Random Guy
5. Forceman
6. M1Army
7. Mabritt
8. HarryB
9. Gehlsurf
10.Case42so

If at anytime you wish to withdraw your name, just let me know.

XM25REN

This one is mine.

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Current list of those interested.

hytekrednek
Majikani
Piltdownhoax
Random Guy
Forceman
M1Army
Mabritt
HarryB
Gehlsurf
Case42so

Thanks,
Ren

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Up to date list.

Current list of those interested as of 1-12-20

1. hytekrednek
2. Majikani
3. Piltdownhoax
4. Random Guy
5. Forceman
6. M1Army
7. Mabritt
8. HarryB
9. Gehlsurf
10.Case42so

Thanks,
Ren[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Current List.

1. hytekrednek
2. Majikani
3. Piltdownhoax
4. Random Guy
5. Forceman
6. M1Army
7. Mabritt
8. HarryB
9. Gehlsurf
10.Case42so
11.Crazynoto

Thanks for your interest.
Ren

GI2

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have been asked, How Much will they cost and honestly I don't know. They will be high quality as the manufacturer is one of the top builders of suppressors on today's market. My suppressor will arrive today at my FFL and most likely be in time out, waiting for the ATF approval for six months or more.

This list obligates no one, but does serve to guarantee your spot, if and when these are made available.

Ren

GI2

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Current list as of today the 13th of Jan 2020.

1. hytekrednek
2. Majikani
3. Piltdownhoax
4. Random Guy
5. Forceman
6. M1Army
7. Mabritt
8. HarryB
9. Gehlsurf
10.Case42so
11.Crazynoto
12.Wags
13.ecader10

Ren

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the first step of a long journey started yesterday. My FFL received my Sionics M14SS-1 suppressor yesterday. I took a few quick pictures. The suppressor is not in the best of shape, but will be a great aid in reproducing an accurate copy of a very rare M14/XM21 part.

Guys this is going to get done, these copies of the original will be made.

Ren

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am interested in this! Count me in!

Reactions: XM25Ren

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Ren, this Ren wants in as well. Put me on the list, please.

Reactions: XM25Ren

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ren, this Ren wants in as well. Put me on the list, please.

Ren your in!

RENGI2

1. hytekrednek
2. Majikani
3. Piltdownhoax
4. Random Guy
5. Forceman
6. M1Army
7. Mabritt
8. HarryB
9. Gehlsurf
10.Case42so
11.Crazynoto
12.Wags
13.ecader10
14.RENCORP

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do we know what material the reproductions will be made of? What kind of finish they will put on it? Original or Modern materials and finish?

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do we know what material the reproductions will be made of? What kind of finish they will put on it? Original or Modern materials and finish?
At this time nothing is for certain. We won't know until the original has been thoroughly examined.

This does present a great opportunity to have input from the interested members here.

1. a suppressor faithful to the original in every way
2. a suppressor that looks like the original but with modern materials.

You folks who are interested in this project let me know, as now is the time for your thoughts and ideas!

Lets hear what you think.

REN GI2

1 - 20 of 60 Posts