M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
According to Stroebel's Old Gunsights Lyman 525F is for a Winchester 52 sporter or round top receiver target.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks y’all,I had never seen sights like this, and had no idea what they were made for. Very appreciated!!

·
Registered
707 Posts
There were several manufacturers that produced micrometer type sights for 22 caliber (or other) competition rifles. I have used the specified type of sights in a Winchester 52 C or D and currently have similar sight sets made by Redfield and Anschutz. Often the front sights had various types of inserts (metal and plastic) so that you could easily change the front sight to the type you preferred.

Nelson

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There were several manufacturers that produced micrometer type sights for 22 caliber (or other) competition rifles. I have used the specified type of sights in a Winchester 52 C or D and currently have similar sight sets made by Redfield and Anschutz. Often the front sights had various types of inserts (metal and plastic) so that you could easily change the front sight to the type you preferred.

Nelson
Thanks, I’ve been going through boxes of old stock military items, and found a small box with several of the Lyman sights, both front and rear. I just had no clue what they were used on. This forum is great for information on a variety of items.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts