M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
While I don't have one I'd love an SIII 10-50x and a 1-7x. A buddy has one of the 10-50x's and l was very impressed with it at its price point. The glass is comparable to scopes that are over twice the price.

If I were going in harms way I might splurge for a combat proven scope but for range, competiton or hunting use these scopes are hard to beat if you can find one with the features you're looking for.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have three SIII's. All three are 6-24x50's. One ffp, one sfp target dot, and the other is a sfp mildot. What sold me on them was the quality of the glass for the price point. Granted I don't think they are as rugged as the NF's and higher priced optics, and they aren't as feature heavy either. But you can't beat the glass.

Personally I was willing to sacrafice features for glass quality. Some aren't and I can understand that.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Tracking on them is excellent as well. Spot on every time I did a box test. I sold one to a friend and regretted it since. I'll find some way to get it back.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
F-open custom rifle for competition
I think they make an 8-32 model with target turrets and their MOA reticule for 850. That's like a poor man's nightforce NXS or BR.

Also nightforce is making a more affordable lineup now. They have a 5-20 model for I think 1100 that has an MOA reticule and zero stop on the turrets.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Sightron = Very high quality materials and assembly. Same as w/ any of them, knowing what kind of shooting you'll be doing with the scope and what kind of bridge dimensions you're dealing with on the rifle's mounting surface and how much eye relief you'll require, makes all the difference between a satisfying purchase and a headache. Don't compromise elevation adjustment range for magnification. You get real clear glass with Sightron.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Sightron has one of the strongest erector assemblies in the business. I wouldn't trade my NF's for one, but I'd definitely take a Sightron SIII over a Leupold Mk4.

I recommend Sightron to a lot of my students and they've been uniformly great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts