M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Sig is getting sued again over the 320 discharging without a trigger pull. Doesn’t say if his handgun was an upgraded model or not.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
ARTICLE said:
Four days later, according to court paperwork, SIG Sauer “issued a press release stating that the P320 could fire without a trigger pull under certain conditions, including vibration, but “reaffirmed” the safety of the P320 to all end users.”
That is a heck of a collection to pack into a single statement.

·
Registered
300 Posts
From the article: A Stamford, Conn., SWAT officer sued SIG Sauer in August 2017 after his holstered pistol fell and discharged a bullet into his knee, Guay’s lawsuit claims.
Four days later, according to court paperwork, SIG Sauer “issued a press release stating that the P320 could fire without a trigger pull under certain conditions, including vibration, but “reaffirmed” the safety of the P320 to all end users.”

i received my first email for the recall in October a month or so after the issued press release it seems. i have not tried to make my sig auto fire as of yet and dont plan to. i put a laser on it so it no longer fits in any holster i can find and use it for home defense now (mainly because i found a more comfortable carry pistol).

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
So if you read the court document you'll see that this guy had the original version of the P320 and he never had the trigger modified by Sig. He says that since Sig advertised the upgrade as voluntary he felt that it wasn't necessary. At the gun store where I work, we sent all of our P320 pistols in for modification as soon as we knew that Sig would take care of the issue. The document also states that he had the P320 in a holster designed for the P250. I don't know how much difference that would make on the safe carry aspect but I do know that the P250 is slightly smaller in slide width and frame dimensions.

Personally, since Sig offered an upgrade that was designed to eliminate this accidental discharge problem, I don't see where this is the manufacturer's responsibility, the owner was negligent. It's no different than a person not taking their car in for a recall issue.

Reactions: High Hat

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So if you read the court document you'll see that this guy had the original version of the P320 and he never had the trigger modified by Sig. He says that since Sig advertised the upgrade as voluntary he felt that it wasn't necessary.
There you go. I feel bad that anyone got hurt over it, but I don’t see how well this case will hold up with the owner not doing the voluntary upgrade.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
I'm still trying to figure how a "holstered pistol fell." Was this another disco fibbie deal?

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
It didn't fall out of the holster, it discharged while it was in the holster. According to Sig the original fire control assembly would trip the trigger with the right amount of force or vibration on the back of the frame. When they fixed our pistols they told us that they replaced the trigger with a new one that had more mass, I don't know if they did anything else.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I sent mine back as soon as I could get the return label , this all happened a couple weeks after I purchased the P320C . I've been carrying the P320C daily with out issues since I got it back from the voluntary recall . I think poop happens & you need to treat every loaded firearm like it can go off , I believe most of these issues are operator error in some way .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts