M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a holster I made for a friend I know who Open Carry's his P226. I started with heavy weight 12oz saddle skirting which is really tuff and keeps it's form very well. Once it's cut out I trim it, wet form it to the P226, stamp it, sew it, dye it, polish it. A lot of labor goes into it.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really love the old west look, and with my sometimes imperfect leatherwork it just lends itself to a unique vintage inspired piece.

This young guy who is getting it, is such a great kid going to Texas Bible College and does missionary work. He's going to be a great preacher and I've learned that there are a few Preachers here who love and practice all of their Rights under the new Texas Open Carry laws.

This young man is such a hard worker who is employed as a server in the same restaurant as my wife. He lives his dream and tries to help everyone he meets.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
That is great stuff! Do you have to protect each dye or stain area from each other during application? Like masking off one area from another? I see it looks like the Texas emblem area was done first before the body was stained.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Most excellent!

Reactions: sfc higgins

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is great stuff! Do you have to protect each dye or stain area from each other during application? Like masking off one area from another? I see it looks like the Texas emblem area was done first before the body was stained.
Yes it's masked off. Once all the dye's and leather paint are applied it's all sealed with Super Shene leather finish. That is polished out then a final coat of brown boot polish is put on.

Reactions: brianns
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.