M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time for owning one of these puppies and I must admit that I am very happy and comfortable with it thus far. Ordered it with those fancy nite sights and they stick out like a sore thumb in the darkness so they must be doin' what they're supposed to ... :wink:

Gotta luv that Big Bore ... 45 ACP ... :)

Have owned a Kimber or two and a few Colts and whatnot and they are all super semiautos and I have had some good luck with all that I have owned. Never had a SIG so I thought I would give it a whirl .. :wink:

So Far ... So Good!

Six

·
Registered
939 Posts
Pretty accurate for a double action pistol, aren't they?

I had one (and a little brother P225 9mm) for several years...then got the HK bug.

The P220 was amazing - I could literally stack bullets on top of one another when firing at 25 meters or less. I know a Deputy Sheriff that can shoot a 4" group with his at 100 meters!

Enjoy it - and whatever you do, don't sell it :D

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ArmyCPT said:
I know a Deputy Sheriff that can shoot a 4" group with his at 100 meters!
DAMN! 8O

Six

·
R T Echo
1,662 Posts
Nice Piece SixT, Lets see you do 4 at 100yds!! Mabey we should just stick with the M1A,s, My eyes just not that good anymore!!!

Keith

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
With my p220 at 100 yards I can get 2 rounds with in 4 inches :D, now where the rest of the rounds go??? Beats me but they are down there definately with in the 4 foot mark :oops:

Phil

·
Registered
117 Posts
The good news Six, is that the more you shoot the P220 the better it gets. SIG pistols need a few hundred rounds of break in. Also get your self some TW-25B from Kleen Bore in the syringe, SIG's love that stuff, and a wee bit on the trigger pivot pin will reduce the pull by a pound.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I bought mine used and had a few feed failures. It needed a bit of hand work to polish out some rough spots on the feed ramp. After that it performed perfectly. The factory night sights are pretty old now so I should have them replaced. I do not recall it ever jamming and it is just as accurate as any of the custom tuned 1911s I have shot. If I had to carry something the P220 would be high on my list.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Ya know everyone gets a lemon at some point and the P220 was mine. It stovepiped constantly with with 3 different factory ammo (Fiocchi, USA & UMC) The front sight shot off and after I got all that taken care of, the take-down lever broke and just sort of swung loosely on the side :lol:
Well, I decided that Sigs & me weren't a good match. I've tried to stick with single-action autos ever since
Used it for a straight trade on a Marlin Guide Gun and I have never regretted looked back.
Good luck to all of you with your P220's.
Its a great gun, just not for me. :p

·
Registered
237 Posts

Great shooting 45 but I tried to relaxed on my grip and it stovepiped once
like any semi-auto pistols you gotta have a firm grip and your gonna be alright. I love mine and it's a keeper. (just don't , I repeat don't Limp Wrist)

Gil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts