M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
1st Picture is my two favorite CCW guns, second picture is all of my single action revolvers (3 .45 Colts, 1 38 spcl and a .22 WMR/22LR), last picture is my first two handguns the day I purchased them many years ago an XD 45 and a Blackhawk in .45 colt. The plain old Blackhawk is my primary hunting slash outdoors companion gun and been carried and shot probably more than any gun I own.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
love the soot burners.. nice stash you have there.
Lruss

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Well , the one that's seen the most use is my 4 5/8" .41 mag Blackhawk. I added a stainless steel Super Blackhawk grip frame because full-power loads with that too-small aluminum grip frame just didn't feel good going off in my hand.

The lower Old Army saw many years and pounds of powder in my youth , though I took care of it and didn't beat it. Someone years ago thought they were Tex Ritter and tried to twirlling it , but it flew out of his hand and hit the concrete. It went back to Ruger for a new front sight and grip frame. At his expense of course.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Some really nice looking revolvers shown here - thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
1st Picture is my two favorite CCW guns, second picture is all of my single action revolvers (3 .45 Colts, 1 38 spcl and a .22 WMR/22LR), last picture is my first two handguns the day I purchased them many years ago an XD 45 and a Blackhawk in .45 colt. The plain old Blackhawk is my primary hunting slash outdoors companion gun and been carried and shot probably more than any gun I own.
You carry a SAA type revolver concealed? Regularly? I'd like to know what type of holster you use and where you carry it. Does you revolver have a transfer bar so that you can carry 6 rounds loaded? I've thought about carrying my Uberti Cattleman. It just seemed a little unconventional and impractical due to size and not having a transfer bar.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Just another Ruger 7.4 SBH 44MAG...

OK...here's my VERY well used Ruger Super Blackhawk.....can't see in pic but the woods have left a ton of character on this hog leg!...just the thought of bringing it out of the safe causes deer to quiver for miles!...lost count of rounds. LOTS of 300gr XTP.....cylinder had some slight play. Put in a Belt Mountain #5 base pin and it is super tight again. Added Bowen rear sight as well....

[/URL][/IMG]

Not 7.5 anymore from dragging on the ground.....lol

·
Registered
434 Posts
Garandfunk- if you haven't tried a birdshead, I think you might like it. They conceal well and are a dream to shoot even with heavier loads.

·
Registered
234 Posts
You carry a SAA type revolver concealed? Regularly? I'd like to know what type of holster you use and where you carry it. Does you revolver have a transfer bar so that you can carry 6 rounds loaded? I've thought about carrying my Uberti Cattleman. It just seemed a little unconventional and impractical due to size and not having a transfer bar.
I carry a Ruger 45 Colt birdshead as my BUG in a homemade holster the reason why I do is I can and I love it. This is strictly on my own time at work I have to carry a Glock 19 amongst other things, but on my own time its a Sig P220 and a Ruger Birdshead or my own G19 and the Birdshead. The target attached is my last 50 rounds of 255 grain Keith SWC fired at 15, 20, and 25 yards doing some drills with my buddies. I feel very safe and secure with a thumb buster.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
I carry a Ruger 45 Colt birdshead as my BUG in a homemade holster the reason why I do is I can and I love it. This is strictly on my own time at work I have to carry a Glock 19 amongst other things, but on my own time its a Sig P220 and a Ruger Birdshead or my own G19 and the Birdshead. The target attached is my last 50 rounds of 255 grain Keith SWC fired at 15, 20, and 25 yards doing some drills with my buddies. I feel very safe and secure with a thumb buster.
Yeah I'm digging the Ruger bird's head. I'm going to track one down. I'd carry it concealed. I just thought it may be bulky and heavy.

Nice shooting!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Garandfunk - as with other firearms, the proper holster is everything. I carry my birdshead in a simply rugged sourdough pancake. It conceals very well, is extremely comfortable and draw and reholster is as it should be.when you get your birdshead give one a try, plus they work great OWB without having to buy another holster.YMMV but for me they are just right

PaulGman- sir, that is just plain old good shooting! Obviously you've mastered the proper single action teqnique.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Falling in love......again

I'm really digging seeing these birdshead revolvers AND the fact folks are carrying them concealed. I love the idea and see nothing wrong with it in todays world of high cap Tupperware pistols. For some the high cap might be needed. But I view conceal carry as a defensive measure. I know many members in some threads here post that if they were around an active shooter they would whip out their Glock/Sig/FNG/S&W and extra mags or whatever and save the day...fact is for most a single action revolver would be just fine for the needs of concealed carry.

I am guilty of carrying my Sig most often, and even started considering the G19....but I also often carry my Ruger 2 3/4 Security Six and feel its all I need for my purposes....wouldn't mind adding a carry single action to the mix.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts