M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going this weekend to this Militaria Show put on by the Ohio Military Society? The annual show is normally in March but this year was rescheduled due to covid. It is in Louisville KY and although normally in the South Hall this year will be in the North Hall. There should be just about 1,900 tables and dealers and collectors from all over. I am traveling to the show from Texas and helping work 3 tables for my friend Jon Kitts. If you make it to the show look up where Jon's tables are and come by and say HI.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'll be there Friday. Been going every year since the mid-90's. Good show and sometimes you find deals.

Reactions: Cowtownscout

·
Registered
493 Posts
The show is usually the last weekend in February. I will miss it this year. Hopefully in 2022 it will be held in February.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The show is usually the last weekend in February. I will miss it this year. Hopefully in 2022 it will be held in February.
Yes in 2022 it is supposed to go back to normal weekend.

·
Premium Member
7,818 Posts
It’s in my back yard, I may have to go if my daughters birthday doesn’t intervene, and I don’t forget.

Its a great event normally held in late February, I have met some good people there like Mike Restivo and Dean Lucy.

MORE THAN A HOBBY, A PASSION!
REN

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a 2 tables, will be trying to pare down my ammo holdings and search for a few odds and ends needed for ongoing builds. Usually many rarely seen desirable items displayed or for sale.....plus get to visit with old friends. Wish I had the energy to haul some of my pile of various Pelican, Storm, and Ideal/Kalispel cases.......perhaps next year.

·
Premium Member
7,818 Posts
Well I will certainly be looking for you two, it’s a big place, with lots of people.

REN

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We check in tomorrow and set up. I will post out table numbers once we find them out. The program should have the table layout and also a listing of vendors by name along with thier assigned tables.

Reactions: XM25Ren

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The tables are Back Wall 13, 14 & 15 far back left side of the room. Come by and say Hi.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Wish I could but leaving for Florida for vacay! Oh well always next February!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The tables are Back Wall 13, 14 & 15 far back left side of the room. Come by and say Hi.
We are at the end of row D. Tomorrow we start taking down at 3:00, then head home after packing up the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ren
It was great to finally met you and have time to visit some.
Scout

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wish I could but leaving for Florida for vacay! Oh well always next February!
I plan to be there next February helping at Jon's 3 tables again.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Wow sounds like a great time. I had to be with Pop this weekend and really want to check out the Kentucky show. :)

If I can get some lead time on the next show I can get a Troop together to check things out. With less local shows and seeing allot of the same stuff, trinkets, and other vendor products are ok but should not outnumber the real reasons to be there.

@Cowtownscout , Ren, what was the most unusual thing you seen at the gathering?

·
Premium Member
7,818 Posts
Ren
It was great to finally met you and have time to visit some.
Scout
Scout, it was pleasure meeting you, wish we had more time to chat but I was under time restraint, having two other events to attend.
It is amazing the amount of history you have collected in such a short period of time. Guys like me and others post their collections, but truthfully, none have anything on you.

Looking forward to seeing you in February!

REN

·
Premium Member
7,818 Posts
I have a 2 tables, will be trying to pare down my ammo holdings and search for a few odds and ends needed for ongoing builds. Usually many rarely seen desirable items displayed or for sale.....plus get to visit with old friends. Wish I had the energy to haul some of my pile of various Pelican, Storm, and Ideal/Kalispel cases.......perhaps next year.
HarryB,

It was great meeting you and Scout, you two are real gentlemen. I look forward to getting together next February, maybe I‘ll buy dinner.

I don’t know if you guys know Mike Restivo of WindyCity Sourcing but he and I know of a great restaurant not too far from the show. You all would certainly be welcome!

REN

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wish I could have been there. It's a long trip for me and like Ren, to many other priorities that weekend.
With stops it is about a 15 hour trip from north central Texas. Two days of travel but it is a great show.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I agree, It is a great show. I have had tables there and attended the show several times over the last 25 years. It is about 2400 miles if I drive (4 days). I alternate driving and flying. Next year I will probably fly. While I always enjoy driving across this great country, I am at the age my body likes when I fly. We should all chat in early February and meet up there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It was a good show as usual. Only saw two M1As, both overpriced. "Vietnam Bringback" was used quite a bit as usual to justify insane prices. Case in point Mosin 91/30 PU with a $10300 asking price... no papers... Love the show, I'll be back in Feb.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts