M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a HR m14 kit -barrel -all HR trigger group -nice hr op rod and a HR marked complete rear sight. Should I sell for a 1903. I miss mine, and my 1917. I have 1 complete Trw gun and bout to start a complete
Winchester. I have no 1903 or 1917 anymore and would like to fill the gap. What do you guys think. I already have 2 garands 1 Winchester and one 5 digit SA

This is a first world problem for sure!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'd keep the kit and save $$ for 1903. I've seen more 1903s out there than M14 kits right now. I think you'll regret selling the kit later on. Just MHO.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Tough choices all around. Now here is my humble opinion based upon this President's admin and his very bad anti gun stance(s). Especially nixting the importation of 300,000 American M1 Garands back from South Korea. He is totally anti semi-auto, keep your gear and save up for the bolt guns apart from selling anything semi-auto and or auto. The only 03' and or 1917 you would want asap would be one used by Sgt Alvin York,(USA) MOH recpt.(Meuse-Argonne Offensive, France 1918). Or SgtMaj.(USMC) Dan Daly, (2)MOH's recpt.(Boxer Rebellion in China 1900 & Haiti 1915. WW-I Belleau Wood-Navy Cross)

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,429 Posts
I wouldn't sell for "a" 1903 or 1917. If you found the most flawless one you've ever seen and you just had to have it then maybe but as mentioned above I'd just save up for one over time.
m14brian

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Unless you are getting some incredibly special 1903 and 1917 you are way off $$$ wise. A complete M14 kit (assuming bolt and barrel) is probably $1500. You should be able to get a very nice 1903 and 1917 for well under $1000. Probably even <$800 if you take your time and look around.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
H-E-Double hockey sticks No or yes, give me by this afternoon to trade.

But if you want an objective opinion you should go over to 1903 forms and ask there, then compare.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
No, not with the scarcity of M14 parts and the political climate these days. There are a lot of 03's out there and unless you are looking for a pristine collectable, there always will be. 03's are great rifles, I have had quite a few over the years and are a piece of history, I did shoot mine but not that much, they mostly looked nice on the wall of my old gun room. Do what makes you happy but think of this, if you do trade off those H&R M14 parts, how hard and how much cash would you have to spend to get them again if you wanted to do another build at some point in the future?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts