M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While surfing the internet found an article that stated that the IRS had recently purchased some 1 million rounds of supposedly 5.56mm ammunition!! I am sure that the Government can beat the today's normal price of $1.00 per round but nevertheless that is a price tag of something near $1,000,000 dollars. I have to say that in the past I have had a few problems with the IRS but found them to be professional and helpful to resolve any problems. With public announcement that the IRS is hiring something in excess of 80,000 more "agents" they certainly would have more than enough ammunition to go around. Interesting development, but stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
126 Posts
While I oppose the expansion, I should note here that the existing 1400 IRS CID personnel (the armed and sworn branch) fire 300 rounds per year (each) as part of training and qualification. That doesn't include new-hire training, re-testing, special training, remedial training, etc.

So the purchase in question is roughly a 3 year supply.

Police agencies burn a lot of ammunition keeping their people up to even minimal standards, and with the war having created shortages, a vast number of Federal, State, and local agencies have taken to buying several years' worth of ammunition whenever supplies are available.

As a frame of reference, NYPD fires 1.5 million rounds to put each officer through a single basic qualification course, assuming no one has to re-take or remedial training. And that is only sidearms. Shotguns and special weapons are not counted.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
One has to wonder if the "New" agents will have the same ethos or training as "The Old Guard" or if the quality will go way down.
Hi,
Well...If the Armed IRS, is like the ATF and FBI...

They won't have any problems murdering fellow American, Women and Children... (RR and Waco!)

To further their own cause, which I guess, is their Government Pensions!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi,
Well...If the Armed IRS, is like the ATF and FBI...

They won't have any problems murdering fellow American, Women and Children... (RR and Waco!)

To further their own cause, which I guess, is their Government Pensions!!!
There's a word to describe those who judge large groups by two incidents that happened decades ago.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
plus the millions bought under obama.
irs is well stocked..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts