M14 Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I still believe that every American is innocent until proven guilty.
Same thing holds true for claims backed by video and real world eyewitnesses acts of marksmanship - all true until proven otherwise.
Marksmanship is either a God given gift, or a talent created by endless training. Either way, it does exist, contrary to the naysayers.

Reactions: nf1e and Cold Smoke

·
Premium Member
20,834 Posts
Wonderful sport. I enjoy loading for the big boy guns myself. For some reason the shoulder can't handle much of the recoil any more. Loading is held to 300gn and under for much shorter ranges, but still fun. Shot a ton of 444 in a lever action Marlin 50 years ago. Now days my big bore rifles consist of one Savage 110 barreled in 450 Bushmaster and one M14 in the same. The Bula M14 was assembled by Wayne, the owner of Bula Forge with the assistance of our own deuceguy. Had the enjoyment of watching the two of them put the handguard and finishing touches on it at Camp Perry a few years ago. Whatta Hobby!
Military camouflage Camouflage Air gun Trigger Machine gun
Finger Amber Font Material property Nail
Automotive design Bullet Nail Wood Ammunition
Air gun Machine gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

Building Gas Font Retail Poster

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I like Rob Ski’s videos because he records the shots from the rear. I’ll believe it when I see it.
Yep, after I witnessed how Wayne installed your bolt roller with a crimped retainer clip and an Arbor press, over timed your barrel, whacked the op rod guide to line up the op rod, and put black marker on the scratched finish, I was reluctant to even put the hand guard on that “Wayne Special.”

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Sure am! 🤣. And myself included, with extreme bellicosity. How can we miss at 100 with $900 bipods, $400 monopods, from a bench, with high end Berger projectiles?
You need to try with iron sights, in windy conditions, shooting off-hand.

That's the easy way...

Regarding the video, did they say how many shots it took to hit the plate? How could you even see the plate at that distance without optics?

I still think it was an April Fools' joke. Those Aussies are pranksters!

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
898 Posts
A prankster would figure out where their bullets are landing on a distant hillside- and then go place a target up there.

Proficient shooters just shoot... proficiently.

Reactions: Cold Smoke and nf1e

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
You need to try with iron sights, in windy conditions, shooting off-hand.

That's the easy way...

Regarding the video, did they say how many shots it took to hit the plate? How could you even see the plate at that distance without optics?

I still think it was an April Fools' joke. Those Aussies are pranksters!
The angle of the rifle shooting up a hill at that distance with that short barrel and round should look like a morter set up.
Then there’s the lack of angle with the spotting scope. 😂😂

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,834 Posts
The angle of the rifle shooting up a hill at that distance with that short barrel and round should look like a morter set up.
Rifle has to provide a trajectory where the scope is looking in a straight line. Pretty simple technology.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The target is quite a bit higher than level ground, almost at the very top of the ridge, as seen in the first few seconds of the first video, so I would expect more upward angle to the spotting scope as well.

I just can't see any way you could be that precise, at that range, with that size target, in those conditions, with that rifle, shooting off-hand, and without optics.

Hey, I like the guy and his channel, but this seems almost impossible - or a gag.

·
Premium Member
20,834 Posts
Ever watch Bob Mundon breaking balloons at extreme distances with his derringer. Doesn't happen every shot, but that's why videos are edited.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ever watch Bob Mundon breaking balloons at extreme distances with his derringer. Doesn't happen every shot, but that's why videos are edited.
I remember one clip of Bob Mundon shooting balloons with a snub nose at I believe 400+ yards. He was unbelievable!

edited because of stoopid auto correct!🤣

·
Premium Member
20,834 Posts
I remember one clip of Bob Mundon shooting balloons with a snub nose at I believe 400+ yards. He was unbelievable!

edited because of stoopid auto correct!🤣
When I was a youngun, my Dad always told me that nothing was impossible except for a child to be born without a belly button. I have lived by that for 74 years now and enjoy a challenge now and again.
Nothing is impossible, it may just take a little more time and effort to accomplish.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
The target is quite a bit higher than level ground, almost at the very top of the ridge, as seen in the first few seconds of the first video, so I would expect more upward angle to the spotting scope as well.

I just can't see any way you could be that precise, at that range, with that size target, in those conditions, with that rifle, shooting off-hand, and without optics.

Hey, I like the guy and his channel, but this seems almost impossible - or a gag.
Yep bull crap!

The Polit Bureau was thoughtful to send me a kind PM about my challenging this shot also. Seemed to be real butthurt about it. 🤣🤣

21 - 38 of 38 Posts