M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think the fact that his wife never flinched off the scope is almost impressive as his shooting. He right beside her with the muzzle. I think he chucks rocks out to about 750. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
20,870 Posts
Amazing shooting. Who says iron sights don't work?
I use the same Hornady bullet in .450 Bushmaster which has the same ballistics as the 45-70 in an M14 and a Savage bolt rifle. Don't ever plan on that kind of distance, but it's nice to know that it's a possibility. Whatta Hobby!

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
920 Posts
I counted about 4 seconds between shot and hit- that's amazing... especially considering his standing position and the crosswind. Just... wow.

Reactions: Cold Smoke

·
Premium Member
20,870 Posts
I have seen members of a black powder cartridge club from Colorado hit the 20" gong on the White buffalo at over 1200 yds off hand at Whittington Center in New Mexico. A level of skill that very few are capable of. 45-120 and 45-150 I believe were the cartridges in use that day.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That did cross my mind but where the target was close to the crest looks like it would have been in the sky with on reference points but a nice shot by any means !

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Was this posted on April 1st (April Fools' Day)?

I know he is a long range shooter, but considering the rifle type, windy conditions, and shooting off-hand - hits on a 24 x 24 "plate seem very unlikely at 1000 + yards.
No stiff shooting coat, the rifle type and cartridge, holding the rifle like a shotgun, V-notch rear sight, nasty mirage, up a hill and 3240 feet. All of it is bull crap.
Some spend $10k for scoped out bench rest rifles , spend countless hours of load development and practice and still miss at 100 yards..

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
It is artillery deuceguy. Just lob them out there until you get a hit... I had trouble with my Bula XM-21 using 150gr bullets a couple of years ago after 650yds as myself and my spotters with binos could not see my hits...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have friends who know Mark personally. When you are able to shoot like they do it’s not a huge club around the world. It consists in the civilian side of dozens to hundreds out of a global population of billions who have the time, talent, budget and and interest to pursue this level of the game. This is not Marks primary interest. In fact he’s rather late to the game as a shooter by his own admission. It’s international level open wheel automobile racing that foots the bills.

Off all the things that the internet has done it’s probably the apocalypse of decorum that has been most pronounced. Once upon a time in the world of men, so adamantly decrying someone as a liar and fraud would have more severe outcomes. I notice that bellicosity is proportional to proximity most times.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts