M14 Forum banner

Shooters in the Rockies! Post up!

16980 49
By popular demand, welcome to the Rockies Region... for our shooters in the regions of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico. Post up and say hello if you're from the Rocky Mountain regions!
Reactions: SGV
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Gotcha,
not sure I've seen the Jtac?
Good parts are pricey!!

Sad to think about all that new "unused" USGI parts we tossed out back in the navy, the Gov.waste so much!!
Meanwhile, we're all floundering for "Dinki-DI" dog scraps...

· Registered
6 Posts
yea .. my dad gave a presentation last night on his korean war experience and the vets in the room were amazed he still had his flight jacket.

the gov made them return everything and probably threw it away

· Registered
2,301 Posts
Hey guys, new to the forum. Currently in TX, but moving to the Flathead Valley area of Montana in less than 2 months. Unfortunately I know NOBODY in the area, so I've got some fast friend-making to do. If you're nearby don't hesitate to jump on the list (you'll probably be the first :p)!

I don't have an M14 yet but I'm on the cusp of acquiring one, actually just posted a thread elsewhere with a question in that regard. The two rifles I have now are an old WWII Mauser K98k w/ bayonet (receiver stamped "bnz 43" meaning Steyr Armory 1943, though it is a Russian capture so the parts are mix-and-match) and a Rossi Rio Grande levergun in .45-70. I have an odd taste, sure, but you can see I don't mess around with "sissy" bullets!

It's not much, but I'm young and "poor", and have dumped other money into a 1911, a 1980s Rambo compound bow (which I got dirt cheap), and a custom-designed kukhuri knife imported from Nepal (which was surprisingly reasonably priced).

I'll hold back on the life story, don't worry.

· Registered
344 Posts
Howdy from Security, Colo - out the back gate of Ft Carson.
Been a gun nut near all my life. Started shooting at age 5, got my first 22 at 9 and a shotgun the next year, been around gunz ever since.
Have a wide variety of firearms - mostly military - to include a chicom M14/S and 2 real = select fire, M14s.
Sarge
USN2 JMPWNG2 GBERET2 CIB3

· Registered
24 Posts
I already got welcomed by a lot of you fine folks but I'm a California Transplant now living in Hurricane, Utah. As well as guns and dogs I also ride motorcycles. I have a Suzuki Bandit 1200 and a BMW R1100 RT. I'd love to get some forum folks together for a ride next Summer.

· Registered
143 Posts
Checking in

Hello from Grand Junction, Co. We have a BLM range about 3 miles from my house that has about 12 stations out to 600 YDS. We can also just go out into the open BLM land to shoot long distance. It's been a cold winter here and it is about time to get back to it. The Strawstalker

· Registered
20 Posts
Checking in from Aurora, CO.

Moved here roughly 2 weeks ago from St Louis, MO, and i'm lookin for a place to shoot!

I'm use to the Missouri conservation ranges which are super cheap, but open to anything close. I know there are a few ranges northeast of Colorado that offer some longer range targets, i'd like to get to do ~300 yds with the socom 16 and irons.

BTW: also ride a CBR600rr, so i'm always down to go for a cruise!

· Registered
1,551 Posts
Checking in from Aurora, CO.

Moved here roughly 2 weeks ago from St Louis, MO, and i'm lookin for a place to shoot!

I'm use to the Missouri conservation ranges which are super cheap, but open to anything close. I know there are a few ranges northeast of Colorado that offer some longer range targets, i'd like to get to do ~300 yds with the socom 16 and irons.

BTW: also ride a CBR600rr, so i'm always down to go for a cruise!
About an hour east of Aurora in Byers, CO is Colorado Rifle Club. I am member there and they have a 1000 yard high power range so taking your Socom out to 300 is very possible. The range focuses on competitive shooting sports (I complete in NRA/CMP service rifle matches out there) so it has a lot to offer for for the measly $60/year + 1 day of work bond membership fee. If you are interested in checking it out, shoot me a Private message and we can share contact information and I will take you along as my guest the next time I head out.

There are several other ranges around the Metro area, but I'm pretty sure that CRC is the closest place that offers 300+ yard rifle ranges. There is another longer range club out near CRC called Lead Valley Range, but I am not a member there so I can't speak to what facilities they offer.

Boulder Rifle Club - 200 yard - Boulder, CO
Family shooting Center at Cherry Creek Reservoir - 100 yard - Aurora, CO
Aurora Gun Club - 200 yard - Aurora, CO - wait list for membership
Buffalo Creek Gun Club - 600 yard - Bailey, CO

Welcome to Colorado!

Todd

· Registered
4,020 Posts
A NY'er (not THAT type of NY'er) that escaped to Colorado. Looking forward to more trigger time and expanding the collection. I'm down the street from tflorman in Aurora.

· Registered
10,969 Posts
I just noticed that I had posted in 2011 that I was temporarily from the Wasatch Front in Utah (Farmington at the time) and that I hoped to move to Montana in a year or two...well it took me 4 years but I finally made it.

· Registered
617 Posts
Relocated to Canon City CO a year ago.

The Royal Gorge Gun Club is a couple of miles from my place. It has four rimfire and handgun ranges. The centerfire rifle range goes back to 1K yards with firing berms every 100 yds. Shooting from 300 to 1000 is only available on Friday because the range road crosses the gun-target line and must be closed.

There are a bunch of steel targets there but unfortunately the pits are not operational. Guess I need to learn to get my grins from hearing a clang rather than seeing the target come up with a pinwheel shot hole spotter

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.