M14 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
17,408 Posts
What did you think?
In my NM rifle it's like shooting a third world country military surplus ammunition, like from Venezuelan, Chilean, Pakistan, Indonesian or Indian.

DI5

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was not pleased. But I only buy enough to reload, and they are good for that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Didn't LC M80 used to be pretty good? I swear I remember it being decent ammo, but some I bought recently was not very good.

On another note, I shot some '90 POF yesterday out of my PWS MK214 , and that stuff was CRAP! CAVIM shoots better than that stuff, and that's not saying much...

·
Administrator
17,408 Posts
Didn't LC M80 used to be pretty good? I swear I remember it being decent ammo, but some I bought recently was not very good.

On another note, I shot some '90 POF yesterday out of my PWS MK214 , and that stuff was CRAP! CAVIM shoots better than that stuff, and that's not saying much...
CAVIM = Venezuelan

POF = Pakistan

RNGR4

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
It doesn't have to be from the third world to be crap. Back in the late 70's I was given a full 30 cal can of mid 70's WRA ball. This stuff would shoot 12 inch groups at 100 yards. I tossed it in a jeep trailer full of ammo when it passed my truck. It just was not any good at all.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I shot some LC m80 149gr the first time shooting my SA m1a with Iron sights at 100yds. I shot 2.500" group and I suck on open sights, I was happy with it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I've only shot it in my LaRue PredatOBR thus far. Shot fine up to 400 yards, after that it was spray and pray..... Might try it at 100 yards in a couple of weeks, got to wait until I get my Sadlak NM gas piston... I will use the 147 to get on paper, then the last of my 168 OTM for a final sight in at 100 yards.... I will probably have to break into my stash of M118LR for the 500 yard sight in.....

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was impressed with the 147s. Loaded with 4895 in LC match brass.

I shot them out of my rock river 308 with a TA55 on it. The TA55 works great for 175s. Out to 600 I could use the same hold with the 147s and it worked. Maybe just a fluke but they were great for that range. Beyond that it was just guessing.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have shot the fed. stuff. I wasnt impressed. I would have three or four rds. In a group and tben a flyer.

The win. white box works better for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts