M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I had to get the feel of this board before I asked this question. Is anyone willing to share a reloading recipe?

My reloading components thus far:

1) .308 Lapua Palma brass
2) 175 grain Scenar HPBT
3) CCI BR small rifle primer

Help a brother out!

I would be forever grateful.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I could never get the Scenar bullets to shoot well out of my Supermatch. Persnickety things they are. They don't like a lot of jump, and you may run out of magazine room before you can get close enough to the lands. You're going to want to be at 0.010" or less (and closer to 0.005") for jump.

Good luck.

ETA: They shot about a minute and a half at best; never got them to lump up nice and tight like a Sierra.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Hello, Heck, I stand corrected...on this one...
Odd ball sized primer pocket on the Lapua Palma .308 win.brass... I'll stay with the lg. rifle primed brass... Yet, I learned something new today, not all is lost.....
Sounds pretty pricey (.80+) per case, for the m14 platform, maybe a better choice for the match bolt action rifle/shooter.
But, like I say, "I'm not cheap, just thrifty"..
Girth, thanks for the education.....

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Hello, Heck, I stand corrected...on this one...
Odd ball sized primer pocket on the Lapua Palma .308 win.brass... I'll stay with the lg. rifle primed brass... Yet, I learned something new today, not all is lost.....
Sounds pretty pricey (.80+) per case, for the m14 platform, maybe a better choice for the match bolt action rifle/shooter.
But, like I say, "I'm not cheap, just thrifty"..
Girth, thanks for the education.....
HA! Don't thank me.... just another useless tidbit of info I remembered hearing somewhere. I doubt I'll ever shoot well enough to have the skill necessary to try and use such things to my advantage. Watch though.... more SP rifle brass will be appearing on the market. Its going that way with pistols already it seems. Ease of production, and at least in the pistols, thats what you see as the lead free stuff.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
175g SMK or Nosler Custom Competition (I have been getting the same groups with Nosler CC and they are cheaper so more so these than SMK)

Lake City brass trimmed to 2.0

Federal 210M primers

42.0 Grains of IMR 4064

2.8 COAL

My NM EBR gets .5 to.75 moa with this load. Velocities and accuracy are just like FGMM.
I tried crimping and that screwed up accuracy so I don't do that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.