M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my Polytech out of the stock the other day and gave it a good GI cleaning. Went to the range today and the first 5 rounds grouped about 3" in the 8 ring. adjusted the sights and the next rounds were back to all 10 ring with some Xs. Is it typical to shoot an M1A to settle it in when the action has been removed from the stock?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yes, this is common also with M1's (which is no shock...basically identical platform). Some M1 shooters will do their best to not break down their rifles during the CMP season for this very reason, only cleaning what can be cleaned without tearing down.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Is it typical to shoot an M1A to settle it in when the action has been removed from the stock?
in my experience, yes. i like to re-proof my rifle whenever i take it out of the stock. my shots are always a little off, laterally. unless you have a tight bedded stock, your action with shift around from the shock of the blast. i would imagine that bedded stocks would return to zero though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.