M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the correct section to post this question but I have a 86XXX numbered M1A that I would like to know when it was made/history. Is there anyone with a website I can find this info? Or is it something I need to contact SA to find out? I did attempt to search it but nothing promising came up.
Thanks ahead of time for your help!

·
Administrator
17,272 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
so now i know more of it's history

Looks like my M1A is from april or may 1978! I am second owner via private sale back in the 80's. All USGI with a barrel stamped NM.
original owner appeared to have only shot it a small amount from lack of wear before i got it

·
Registered
10,717 Posts
Not sure if this is the correct section to post this question but I have a 86XXX numbered M1A that I would like to know when it was made/history. Is there anyone with a website I can find this info? Or is it something I need to contact SA to find out? I did attempt to search it but nothing promising came up.
Thanks ahead of time for your help!
December '94 or January '95. If you call SAI Customer Service (1.800.680.6866 then 2) with the full serial number, they can tell you the exact date and model number.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the info.. when I got this rifle years ago it was a diamond in the rough amongst a pile of rifles in a pawn shop. To my surprise littered with GI parts and well taken care of. I just never bothered to investigate further. Now I will.
Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts