M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
When trying to send synthetic stocks over the boundry line this is what UPS told me ...

They absolutley will not send ANY part .. of ANY kind .. for ANY weapon.

So I trotted down to my local post office ... filled out the customs form .. labeled it and packed 'em off via USPS Global ...

No problems or restrictions ... :wink:

Six

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Ditto to Six's post.

I recently sent some mags, parts and supplies to Afghanistan without any problems at all. Every item I sent was "gun related".

The post office folks said that as long as I truthfully declared the contents of the packages I send over on the Customs forms and meet their normal restrictions on certain explosive or flamable substances, etc. (that they won't accept even for U.S. deliveries) they had no problems sending the packages out of the U.S.

The folks at my local USPS were very helpful and said that they would help out if they could. Just call them and they'll tell you if there is any problem with what you want to send - before you package the stuff up. Don't know whether this is just my local USPS folks, but it sounded awful good to me.

BTW - I've sent rifles, scopes, and shotguns to Oregon (to my son) via USPS with no problems. Insured w/o problems, delivered within 5 days (from VA) and arrived with no damage or hassles.

No Problems with USPS. :mrgreen:

db

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Talked to both UPS & USPS reps. and I was told 2 different things. UPS tells me that I CAN't SHIP anyting that has anything to do w/ firearms but USPS says that it's ok to ship to Switzerland as long as it doesn't have anything to do w/ magazine, magazine parts or any ammo, ordinance or explosive devices.

Now the UK guidelines are completely a different story....

Thanks for the help fellas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I echo everyone who praises USPS. I'm in Canada and have bought LOADS of stuff and UPS and DHL are massive pains and sometimes really screw the receiver with "brokerage fees".
USPS has always been a pleasure. It gets to the border every time, in good time.
(not just firearms related; but books, childrens toys and astronmical optics parts)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
USPS to Europe is the best I have found for items under 20 lbs. FED EX for heavier items. I have sent several cameras USPS (GLOBAL MAIL) to Europe successfully. It is expensive by out standards but the Europeans seem to be aware of this and accept the charges with grace. UPS is great for in US shipping - we get dozens of gun and gun related items delivered every week without any problems.

·
Banned
145 Posts
I have t recommend the USPS as well.....
BUT....

WHAT kind of scope are you mailing? Any ole hunting scope won't be a big deal...

But some scopes even say. I am thinking the tactical ones. That the technology isn't allowed outside the US.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.