M14 Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
757 Posts
Thanks to Col John Boyd we DID have a dedicated Fighter, the F-15. His story is a great read. He would not have liked what his light, fast, fighter turned into.
Thanks to FANG's 125th Fighter Wing we regularly have Eagles soaring overhead- seeing those beautiful birds will bring a tear to your eye...

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
757 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
To me it's like rifles, different ones do different jobs. Bolt action for long range accuracy, assault rifle for close in, pistol or shotgun for real close. Build the best air superiority fighter you can. Build the best heavy and light bombers you can. Build the best CAS aircraft you can. No one size fits all will ever be the best at anything. 4 aircraft done.

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
To me it's like rifles, different ones do different jobs. Bolt action for long range accuracy, assault rifle for close in, pistol or shotgun for real close. Build the best air superiority fighter you can. Build the best heavy and light bombers you can. Build the best CAS aircraft you can. No one size fits all will ever be the best at anything. 4 aircraft done.
Now, you can only afford one aircraft type . . . what's it going to be?

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
757 Posts
Now, you can only afford one aircraft type . . . what's it going to be?
Looks like we're not going to be able to "afford" the F-35...

·
Registered
551 Posts
I read the first dozen or so posts of this thread, but haven't been back in a while. But tell me, has anyone else noticed the irony of a bunch of M14 guys arguing about whether or not an old-school, supposedly "obsolete" weapon system is still relevant in today's world?

"It's like RAY-EE-AIIIIIIIN, on your wedding day...." :LOL:

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
757 Posts
I read the first dozen or so posts of this thread, but haven't been back in a while. But tell me, has anyone else noticed the irony of a bunch of M14 guys arguing about whether or not an old-school, supposedly "obsolete" weapon system is still relevant in today's world?

"It's like RAY-EE-AIIIIIIIN, on your wedding day...." :LOL:
That's the difference between knowledge and wisdom...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hell of a thread we have here.

It was said some many years ago, "The Air Force wants a airplane that can perform every mission better than any other aircraft ever made - and they might get one. That's right... ONE. That's all they'll be able to afford."

Deathgrip
USN 1971-1979

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
All about imaginary money at this point in history.

Obviously the military knows more than the public. And has many wunderwaffe that will obsolete even today's war capabilities.

But what if the U.S. in not ready when the bell tolls?

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.