M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Airframes kill aircraft. Loading on certain engineered area's have a finite life, and then fatigue of metal becomes uncertain. And really even after you replace the fatigued area's the airframe still has many hours of loading on the balance of the airplane.

I am sorry if their are those that think the 35 is the cure all be all. And that drones will be the force multiplier. Yep I guess Iran just caught one in a net like a butterfly. :D Drones will be targets to a pier adversary.

The F35a is the new lawn dart. Someone better get their stuff together if the 35 is going to do a ground support task with one engine. Insanity, replacing the AV8B ok that one is gone now, but again with one fuel puuker their is no redundant system once that engine gets a hole in it or it ingests some bird or high level ordnance.

A two engine Bird is needed for the future with 20 years of improved blocks.

To rely on one Bird is not going to be enough in a hot war, and until there is sufficient capacity built to replace 242 A10's there is nothing to talk about.

Congress for once got this one right. They see what the Military is doing after killing the F22 and with the 35 still being engineered to cover 3 branches. Maybe one day it will be a partner to a pair of new generation mission specific airframes.

And the way that Congress spends imaginary money, well they need to look for 20 years instead of this year, dumbazzez. I watched the Army appropiations for 2022, Secretary of the Army, Christine Wormuth, Army Chief of Staff James C. McConville and all they could talk about was Army barracks, housing, diversity, social issues which all need to be or should have been addressed years ago and they said they had plenty of funds to operate. Congress could not believe what they were saying and asked several times the same question. They could of asked for a moon base and might of got it.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Rocket with thin wings. 105 tough aircraft that was one long rocket with wings attached. It was very fortunate that the Phantom II The St.Louis Slugger was developed for the Navy, with the Air Force signing up later.

What I am saying is that one airframe can be used for all roles but why? Why compromise all roles that do none really great? There are allot of reason that you do not put all your eggs in one basket.

And it has been very fortunate that the U.S. has always had competition of designs for the "different" services. The U.S. should not begin now after 100 plus years to decide on one design fits all.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
All about imaginary money at this point in history.

Obviously the military knows more than the public. And has many wunderwaffe that will obsolete even today's war capabilities.

But what if the U.S. in not ready when the bell tolls?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.