M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m not sure what forum area this belongs under. Mods, please move it accordingly.

I have been considering purchasing a suppressor, and likely use the trust option. But as I consider what I would do with it down the line if I got seriously ill or death I wouldn’t want to create an issue for my family as to what to do with it. My family wouldn’t know what to do with it.

What are the options to offload a used suppressor at some point in life where having it becomes a burden besides giving it to the many members here on the forum?

Legal options to consider? I don’t know if even destruction of it is illegal so walk me through the available LEGAL options.

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Arts, I think I’ll proceed down the long wait to get the stamp.

·
Registered
533 Posts
NFA trust is the way to go IMO. Any NFA item can be added or removed at any time. I named a primary and secondarys (my kids), and you can add trusted friends so they could borrow any NFA item listed on the trust. I keep a copy in my bag to CYA, and if I were to let someone borrow something they would get a copy for themselves....

I cannot remeber with certainty if the local pd can ask for documentation if you are legally shooting, but I do not volunteer any information unless legally obligated. I need to look that up again right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts