M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
I think hooded sights are vastly easier on the eyes than peep. I could see that just by going to gun shows and taking a gander. I'm not sure all the differences between the various makers of NM sights, personally.

Reactions: Maggotman

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
If you want a match rear sight, buy the SEI NM rear sight assembly. I have one on one of my M1A rifles. It is quality kit.

If you need something more "tactical", the standard aperture is faster for target acquisition.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
If you guys have a dial indicator set up sturdy enough to check windage movement on these sights I am interested to know how well they track. The rifle must be clamped to ensure no movement as you move the windage knob.

Got to your no wind zero, click one left and read dial, now go back to NWZ read dial, click two right, read dial, click one left and read dial. Next, go four clicks right, read dial and dial a click left, read dial and dial two right and real dial, reverse direction for three clicks and read dial. Tell us how well they track. NM clicks should be close to .004 per clcik.

After you check the last test, grab the windage knob and wiggle it back and forth without actually clicking it to the next detent and see if the dial moves and settle, then go back to your NWZ and see it the dial is back to zero.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.