M14 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Here in Texas several city mayors are petitioning the Govenor to allow the cities to fine anyone not wearing a mask in public.
They tried this earlier but our governor shut them down.
Seems a bit hypocritical that these same mayors allowed large gatherings of "protestors" to assemble without masks and no fines, but now they what to fine people that don't wear a mask in public.
Did I mention the money grabbing mayors are all in the Democrat run cities?

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,092 Posts
m14brian - When did they lift the order? Must've been like that one day free for all ammo buying.

Yes and no. It was 2-3 weeks ago, it was a county thing, however businesses were allowed to be the final judge. So our HR attorneys said we had to enforce both employees and customers had to wear masks inside regardless. There was a lot of pushback from people but I gotta do what I gotta do and didn't care, a few of our locations got some fist fights between staff and customers but at my location we are a bit more persuasive and not pushovers to public pressure and I have some bigger guys on staff so we didn't have violence, we had to get loud and tell people verbally abusing us to get the **** out.
I had to tell a lot of them, I'm not here to be "educated" by you, and private property and it's owners are the final deciders, don't like it, have a nice day. I don't know what is going to happen yet if we're going back to requiring/enforcing, depends what the attorneys say, they change their minds a lot, at first it was CYA so we couldn't be sued for exposure, then after the order was lifted we dropped require/enforce because they reasoned employees cannot prove they got any exposure at work. We'll see. We still had to wear them so unfortunately it wasn't like freedom week. When we went to lunch a few places, it was though, kinda nice to be back to a somewhat normal.
m14brian

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I've only worn a mask once. That was for a tour of the AMA museum in Fort Defiance, VA. Didn't feel it was worth the aggravation to say no.

I've only been accosted once about needing to wear a mask. Tractor supply of all places. Told them no and went and picked up dog food. Paid and then left.

It's a real mixed result around my area. Some sheep look like they have been wearing masks for months and others, like me, don't wear one for anything. I don't now how many times I've seen people wearing them improperly. Most seem to handle masks like all they are just doing some light sanding and take them off and touch their dirty hands to their face/nose. But you know.. Safety..

·
Registered
522 Posts
The look of horror, shock, and sheer terror on people's face's when they see me without a mask is well worth any possibility of someone getting frisky with me.

That said, as it was mentioned, stores, restaurants, etc... are private property. It is their right, and they are free to have their own rules (including gun policy). It's your choice whether to be a patron or not.

I never even thought of the "liability" thing, but now that I think about it, I can understand why it would be an issue in today's day and age.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in Nebraska. Facemasks are encouraged but not mandatory in general, but can be required by specific businesses. (The health clinic - non government - for instance.) I do not wear a mask in general, dismissing the need or importance, but I do comply with owner/manager rules and try to avoid scaring or offending otherwise honorable people.
That being said, I have a red bandana from my Cowboy shooting days which can be worn like a disguise from the old 'B' westerns. I keep thinking I should wear in the non mandatory but accepted locations. And I want a domino mask. Lone Ranger.

·
Forum Jester
6,921 Posts
here

Attachments

·
Forum Jester
6,921 Posts
The one that God gave me seems to keep most undesirables at bay.

the face that launched thousands of of birth control pills

Reactions: nf1e
21 - 31 of 31 Posts