M14 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where does one buy a Lee Enfield? I have a hankering that only an Enfield will satisfy, but for the life of me the only place they seem to show up is armslist.com and they seem to be mainly SMLE MK.3s not many No.4 Mk.1s much less a No.4 Mk.1/2 (My dream gun). All this being said, where should I be looking for them? Gunbroker.com hates me and despite having sent proof of residency multiple times refuses to confirm my address

·
Registered
9,937 Posts
Try AuctionArms or Gunauction its called now as well. Also Gunsamerica and Guns International. Surprised GB is being a problem for you. But they have a new verification system now that came long after I joined. Good luck on the hunt!

·
Forum Jester
8,208 Posts
gunbroker,guns international

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Where does one buy a Lee Enfield? I have a hankering that only an Enfield will satisfy, but for the life of me the only place they seem to show up is armslist.com and they seem to be mainly SMLE MK.3s not many No.4 Mk.1s much less a No.4 Mk.1/2 (My dream gun). All this being said, where should I be looking for them? Gunbroker.com hates me and despite having sent proof of residency multiple times refuses to confirm my address
Mk1/2s were never that common, even back in the days of the $75 No. 4.

There weren't that many (less than 10,000 Mk1/2 and Mk 1/3) of them converted in the first place, as the No. 4 Mk 2 production negated the need for quantity conversion of the No. 4 Mk 1s.

Good luck in the chase.

(Anyone know of a real L8A1, through A6 for sale?)

G

·
Sorry to hear of your troubles with Gunbroker, but, not surprised. Reason being is I saw what they call a No.4 Mk.1/3, meaning it was a Mk.1 upgraded in the 1950's according to the listing, and bidding in the $400 range.

I had my fun with these when they were cheap, and surplus ammo was in good supply. There was this "Dime Store" in Fayetteville NC and can't remember the name, but, they sold surplus rifles, and one of these could be bought for $69, they'd put 3 greasy boxes up on the counter and I could pick thru them, and found one that looked refurbished or new! They also had Mosins for $49. I Lost interest at some point and sold them, really wish I hadn't, but them's the breaks.

Last attempt to pick one of these up it was a brand spanking new No.4 Mk.2, one of the contract rifles built for Ireland in 1955 I think, complete with a bayonet #'d to the rifle, but, because of the strife going on they were warehoused and never delivered is the story, and $700 was the price...

·
Registered
25 Posts
A good friend of mine is big into Enfields he has actually found a lot of stuff at the big local gun shows up here in New England. As mentioned though patients is key.

I just machined a bunch of parts for my friends No.7 Mk1 .22 trainer. He actually got some prints and dimensions from overseas, Ironically several parts were sold to a gentleman across the pond in England! This is a small knit group of guys you just need to find them.

Good luck!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I bought a near perfect 1943 No 4 Mk 1 at a gunshow a month ago. And at a decent price too.

For me, the trick was finding the right show. Most large gunshows around here are AR fests and what vintage stuff they have is either way over priced or not in the best of shape. I was bored one Saturday and decided to check out a show sponsored by a local black powder club. It was maybe a quarter the size of a big show, but was filled with vintage gear being sold by a lot of collectors at reasonable prices. Lots of WW2 and older. I feel like these are the guys that bought a bunch of stuff back in the day when it was cheap and are now thinning out their collections.

I'm heading to the range with it this weekend and will try to post some pictures.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I see them is pawn shops all the time in AR. How far are you from Tulsa? I am sure the big Wanenmacher show next month will have a bunch.

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles with Gunbroker, but, not surprised. Reason being is I saw what they call a No.4 Mk.1/3, meaning it was a Mk.1 upgraded in the 1950's according to the listing, and bidding in the $400 range.

I had my fun with these when they were cheap, and surplus ammo was in good supply. There was this "Dime Store" in Fayetteville NC and can't remember the name, but, they sold surplus rifles, and one of these could be bought for $69, they'd put 3 greasy boxes up on the counter and I could pick thru them, and found one that looked refurbished or new! They also had Mosins for $49. I Lost interest at some point and sold them, really wish I hadn't, but them's the breaks.

Last attempt to pick one of these up it was a brand spanking new No.4 Mk.2, one of the contract rifles built for Ireland in 1955 I think, complete with a bayonet #'d to the rifle, but, because of the strife going on they were warehoused and never delivered is the story, and $700 was the price...
If you want a shooter for the least money then the MK2s are the best deal out there. They have no real collector value & they are for the most part unused. I had several when they were $400, just have light wood instead of that oil soaked ww2 wood we all love...USN2

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.