M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys,

Thought I would try to do some catch up, I had decided to have my 22" M1A converted to a Scout Squad and this was my Christmas present to me with the blessing of the Mrs. so I thought I would post up some pics as the project has progressed and will post the completed project in 4-6 weeks

Original Rifle from 2007 purchase, only thing changed from original was some Sadlak parts inside and out and the Burris scope

As bordom set in I made a change of color on the same rifle several years later, same parts but had the trigger tuned by Bill Springfield

After sending it off for the begining of the conversion, not much left huh ?

Upon getting it back from SA they sent me the original 22" barrel and FS back which I sold off along with the scope and mount to further fund the project and go to a full Scout configuration and this is what I have to date getting ready to go out again for additional work which I am very excited about, so if all goes well I will have Christmas in March :)

Completed Project to come later..........

Later

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! If you don't mind me asking, what did SA charge to do the swap?
Doing the full Scout conversion with hand guard and scope mount along with going thru the whole rifle and a repark at my request was $429 which included s/h they even replaced the bolt that had some pitting, plus they sent back the old barrel, FS and bolt body.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here is alittle update on my project, received some early pics of some early stock work by the Pros and some work I did with some paint on the sights after taking it apart:

Rear sight:

Reassembly after painting completed:

Old paint being removed:

First coat of prep:

New butt plate for completed job:

More later....

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well Guys here we go, first off a VERY SPECIAL THANKS !!! to Rick and Brian at Whamo Camo sc10. As you may remember this rifle started off as a standard M1A back in 2007 and although I had alot of fun with her it was time for a change and so I decided to go snake hunting and caught this with Rick and Brians help:

SAI Scout Squad 18" bbl
1.5x4X Leu Scope
Harris Bipod
TAC Pro Cheek Riser
Water bottle to keep the thirst away

Please bear with the pics as I don't have the greatest camera:

In closing I want to give special thanks to Rick for putting up with me being a PITA....nod1

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Very nice! The Scout configuration is my favorite style of M14. Just so danged handy!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Panther,

It is very nice, I hope to get to see it close up at ASC or Wells one day.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Panther,

It is very nice, I hope to get to see it close up at ASC or Wells one day.
Plan on having her at Hotwells this friday so if you have time stop on by, my plan is to throw some GI ball down range then try some reloads

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.