M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm messing around with a leatherwood scout scope on my SOCOM 16. On the first range day it was shooting 2-3 FEET high at 100yds. This was after bottoming out the adjustment and bring the POI down from 4 feet high. I replaced the scope and I'm still shooting approximately 2ft high. Since I've ruled out the scope as the problem anyone have any ideas on what I can try? Has anyone had problem with the scout scope mount on the SOCOM 16? I have Leupold rings (medium/low). I did try swapping rings front to back...

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is this the 2-7x32 LER? I have the same scope on my scout 18.5 scout. I haven't shot it since I putit on, but have a range day coming up next week. I'll post my results when I get them.

What ammo are you shooting?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I had the same scope on my Scout Squad. Wasn't happy with results. Did find my scope rings to be different by 0.5mm. Switched rings. Still not happy. Put scope on Ruger Gunsite Scout. Works great on the Ruger but not the M1A. Can't explain that.

·
Registered
637 Posts
You could always use Burris Signature rings and establish a rough zero with them and fine tune with the scope adjustment. Worked for me when I had the same issue running a ARMS 18 and Leupold scope on my Scout. I have an Ultimak rail on my scout now and did not have any issues dialing it in with Leupold rings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts