M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 14k s/n with the 22" barrel that I'm getting refinished. I like the 7.62 roll mark. SAI will convert to a scout for $400. Looking for opinions, pro and cons of going that route or selling it and finding one that's already in that configuration. That camo one on the px a couple of weeks ago would've been the bees knees but it's gone now...

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
If it were me, I'd get a Scout because I only have one M1A and I want more, but it's your rifle, so do what you like. It's not a like a permanent modification.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,429 Posts
I'd buy a Scout as a 2nd M1A.
But if you're thinking about selling yours to get a Scout and just have one M1A, I'd say if you like your receiver then have it converted, you might enjoy it more. If you don't end up liking it you can have it changed back later on.
m14brian

·
Registered
413 Posts
hey innocent bystander...if you are talking about my rifle in the PX...I don't know what happened to my original post, but it back up now. Give me holler buddy

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I went thru the same decision a few years back and ended up sending the rifle to SAI and had it converted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts