M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is avg price for the book by Scott Duff called M14 owners guide-match conditioning instructions? Trying to find best place to get one or someone who will sell me theres or trade for one. Cheapest i can fid it is 20.00. one place is 3.00 and other is 7.0 on shipping. So 23.00 is not bad. Is this book thick? Hope its not thin,lol. Not seen one i don't think.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Bravo 2:

$23 for the Duff book is really good. I think I paid $27. It is certainly worth it!

However, if you are really serious about match conditioning your rifle, you might want to consider another book as well. I seem to think these two go hand in hand, at least for me. That would be the Kuhnhausen Shop Manual for the M1 Garand and M14 rifles. There are more diagrams and explains similar but slightly different technique in doing things like bedding, etc.

Both the Duff and the Kuhnhausen books are constantly on my bench or on my nightstand.

BTW: Poyer's book is okay with some info, but I have found that member "Different's" web site to contain more info than the book. I do have a copy of the book and the cover is slick but the info has been surpassed by what Different has been able to accumulate and is MUCH more current!

I hope this helps.

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Yep. Different is doing an outstanding job at compiling information about our beloved M-14 and it's development....Unfortunately his site is down for updates and added information, and will be for awhile. Either he or I will let you know when it goes back up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.